Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: Lenny

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5,602

    Lenny

    Almost done but who is he gonna replace in the starting 11. where does he fit or is he a back up player. just not too excited by his signing ,i will be when hes on the pitch, who would you swap him for

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    29,462
    Quote Originally Posted by Twirlo70 View Post
    Almost done but who is he gonna replace in the starting 11. where does he fit or is he a back up player. just not too excited by his signing ,i will be when hes on the pitch, who would you swap him for
    From bits i've read abart him Twirls,he can play several positions includin centre midfield,centre back.Didn't the MESSIAH say Duffy and Lundy were strugglin a bit this week? UTCB

  3. #3
    Thats what we all want right now....

    Another Lenny thread FFS

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    4,430
    Quote Originally Posted by benditlike_Borbokis View Post
    Thats what we all want right now....

    Another Lenny thread FFS

    Ooooo, I hope we bought the right one...! Carl is blacker and pacier...

    Name:  Lenny_and_Carl_thinking.jpg
Views: 722
Size:  8.1 KB

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,544
    Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    Ooooo, I hope we bought the right one...! Carl is blacker and pacier...

    Name:  Lenny_and_Carl_thinking.jpg
Views: 722
Size:  8.1 KB

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5,602
    Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    From bits i've read abart him Twirls,he can play several positions includin centre midfield,centre back.Didn't the MESSIAH say Duffy and Lundy were strugglin a bit this week? UTCB
    cant see him dislodging any of our mid at moment ,but good back up i suppose,. yeah they both have knocks wilder said.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5,602
    Quote Originally Posted by benditlike_Borbokis View Post
    Thats what we all want right now....

    Another Lenny thread FFS
    hahahahahaahahahhahahahaahahahah

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    15,422
    All least we’ll have a real threat from feee kicks now...even when we’re not playing the Pork

    I think he’ll be a first team regular once he’s settled in. I can’t see Chris chasing a player for 7 months to just warm the bench. Maybe a change in formation?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    29,462
    Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    All least we’ll have a real threat from feee kicks now...even when we’re not playing the Pork

    I think he’ll be a first team regular once he’s settled in. I can’t see Chris chasing a player for 7 months to just warm the bench. Maybe a change in formation?
    Flecky off to Burnley for 250,000 ya reckon Gray mi owd pal? UTCB

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    15,422
    Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Flecky off to Burnley for 250,000 ya reckon Gray mi owd pal? UTCB
    Nah, it’s Palace pal for 10m UTB

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,239
    well both sbt and chris seem to really rate leonard so thats good enough for me

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    15,422
    And me.

    Southend now confirmed bid accepted. Welcome Lenny lad!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,237
    It'll be three from Duffy, Fleck, Lundstram and Leonard. I expect Lundstram to eventually drop back to the bench as he's the least mobile, a trait our Chrissy likes in his players.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,239
    i would have though leonard would be nailed on for away games protecting the back 3 and samir will definetly go imo so might still be room in budget for a loan midfielder from a prem club

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,336
    Wont be sorry to Carruthers go. Proven to be a bad signing and a waste of a shirt.
    Just proves (along with Hussey) that even the messiah can get it wrong on occasion.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,257
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyEdge View Post
    Wont be sorry to Carruthers go. Proven to be a bad signing and a waste of a shirt.
    Just proves (along with Hussey) that even the messiah can get it wrong on occasion.
    Hes got the ability but not the attitude. He might piss where he wants but he can play is football elsewhere.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    9,188
    Leonard is neither a replacement or a cover player. He is a player seen as being as good as the other players we have got, with the potential to be better than what we have got.

    Now maybe we can put a fully fit midfield out in games no matter who is chosen. Personally I'd like to see another quality midfielder added, all our problems over the last two months have arisen because of injuries and fitness levels in this area more so than any other.

    He's exactly the type of player we should be signing,
    strong, box to box, can pass, can tackle and can grab a goal or two as well

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    15,422
    Quote Originally Posted by JJBlade View Post
    Leonard is neither a replacement or a cover player. He is a player seen as being as good as the other players we have got, with the potential to be better than what we have got.

    Now maybe we can put a fully fit midfield out in games no matter who is chosen. Personally I'd like to see another quality midfielder added, all our problems over the last two months have arisen because of injuries and fitness levels in this area more so than any other.

    He's exactly the type of player we should be signing,
    strong, box to box, can pass, can tackle and can grab a goal or two as well
    Well said JJ

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    23,851
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyEdge View Post
    Won’t be sorry to Carruthers go. Proven to be a bad signing and a waste of a shirt.
    Just proves (along with Hussey) that even the messiah can get it wrong on occasion.
    He certainly wasn't wrong to pick Carruthers up for around 300k.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,897
    Been a huge disappointment for me, thought he was going to dominate with the ball, make things happen. His body language looks wrong for me, has he been a big fish in a small pond ? Admittedly he hasn't had a lot of game time, but that must surely be down to his own efforts in training, he has little bits of skill but they are all too infrequent,compared with Coutts, Fleck and Duffy, he looks miles off being a creative ballplayer.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •