+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Hammy hangs up the boots

Hammy hangs up the boots

To take charge of the Academy.

Brilliant career, all the best!

Last edited by jwok; 05-01-2018 at 05:14 PM.

Never gave less than 100%. Terrific player.
    Good luck in your new role.

Excellent player, excellent servant to the club and still the best left back we have. Good luck in the new job Stevie.

A fantastic servant to MFC and a very good player. Marvellous first touch and an excellent passer. A good move to appoint him to lead the Academy. Someone the young lads will look up to and he knows what it takes to be a top player. What a role model he is for them and his enthusiasm for his new post comes across very clearly in his interview. Thanks for your tremendous contribution to our club over the years, Stevie, and all the best in your new job.

A player you could count on to give 100% every week for the club. The right man to lead the Academy just hope he gets to play at least one more game for the club. Would not want his last game for the club to have been a derby defeat to Accies. Thanks for all you contributed to the team on and off the pitch and best wishes in your new role Stevie

The word 'LEGEND' gets used flippantly these days, but in the case of our own Steven Hammel, page 349 of the Oxford Concise Dictionary defines it; and I quote (North Lanarkshire version) ... 'a man for all seasons across 2 decades who gave it his all'!
    Steven Hammel - all the best in your new role and thanks for freeing up a full time team wage for us to use to the benefit of all un sundry.

I see from the paper that it's at the end of January. The way things have been going, we may well need him to play before then, but even if we don't, I'd like to applaud him off Fir Park one more time in his Motherwell strip. It's not about sentimentality, it's about recognition and appreciation of service rendered to the Motherwell football community over two decades. I hope that it can be arranged.

Would happily have him on the bench v Accies in the cup to say a proper farewell.

True Motherwell legend and he deserves every plaudit going but I hope we're convinced he's qualified to run the academy.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)