+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is that the fat lady singing?

Is that the fat lady singing?

Think it is- as a far away supporter -in Scotland - I have to take my soundings from here and other webpages MOTD is poor coverage
    One thing I do notice is the tone of the posters earlier it was anger now it seems resignation
    The board have really made a mess of so many things- but what can you expect they are all 2nd raters - Williams.garlick, hammond. They stuck with TP too long AP only a short term bounce merchant & that bounce hasn't happened.
    our transfer policy has been rubbish for several seasons and we are caught out now too many and too old DMF , few creative players and all injured , our strikers on strike
    Inability to hold leads, inability to see out games- killer blows.
    Peace say tjis coming and bailed out
    Sold for a price that would have bought Villa Wolves Blues - all three.
    Our Chinaman has no interest in the club- he bought in for Sky money and homeland leverage
    He was sold a pup and does not have the acumen or courage to spend us out
    Williams should be in China telling Lai- no play no PL play. **** FFP pay the fine save the status
    I just don't see any ambition , any fight- the players will try but only so far they will be looking at next season and many of them are not up for that battle- too old too rich too complacent- they've won all they are going to win.
    Sorry for the pessimism- just the way I see it & I don't see us coming back up any time soon.

Better go- hear the fat lady warming up

Otherwise it's not too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by vikingwarriorking View Post
    Think it is- as a far away supporter -in Scotland - I have to take my soundings from here and other webpages MOTD is poor coverage
    One thing I do notice is the tone of the posters earlier it was anger now it seems resignation
    The board have really made a mess of so many things- but what can you expect they are all 2nd raters - Williams.garlick, hammond. They stuck with TP too long AP only a short term bounce merchant & that bounce hasn't happened.
    our transfer policy has been rubbish for several seasons and we are caught out now too many and too old DMF , few creative players and all injured , our strikers on strike
    Inability to hold leads, inability to see out games- killer blows.
    Peace say tjis coming and bailed out
    Sold for a price that would have bought Villa Wolves Blues - all three.
    Our Chinaman has no interest in the club- he bought in for Sky money and homeland leverage
    He was sold a pup and does not have the acumen or courage to spend us out
    Williams should be in China telling Lai- no play no PL play. **** FFP pay the fine save the status
    I just don't see any ambition , any fight- the players will try but only so far they will be looking at next season and many of them are not up for that battle- too old too rich too complacent- they've won all they are going to win.
    Sorry for the pessimism- just the way I see it & I don't see us coming back up any time soon.

Better go- hear the fat lady warming up

You are right on every point! I know you did not like Pulis but for sure you will agree, he should have either gone at the end of last season or had you known the replacement was Pardew, you would have kept him and got rid at the end of the year. Football a bit nicer but must say again, I am sure Pulis would have gained more than 4 points from those eight games!! Even Barry Fry would have done no worse!

I will add to the gloom - if we go down, I can see us doing a Vile and staying there! At least some of our players will find their level! As for the Board - I would sack the lot! Williams can do what he likes though with a passionless China man who has more interest in plants than football. At least where Pulis has gone he has an owner who not only rich, is a fan and lives and breathes the club!

Anything less than 3 points from Brighton we are well and truly doomed with Everton, Man City and Chelsea coming up in the next games! Every other club is picking up points which is another thing against us!

Let's be honest chaps
    Has there been any good memories in the last few years? Apart from the Gardner winner against them lot I don't have one. It's been boring, mondane and a chore. What i'm saying is don't worry about going down Believe it or not you can enjoy football in other leagues. The last three seasons are forgettable to me however I still remember vividly the Ardilles season.
    Not worth worrying over. Let the Wolves have it. Does it really matter what league you watch your team in? As long as you watch em.

Quote Originally Posted by Whicka_Mon View Post
    Let's be honest chaps
    Has there been any good memories in the last few years? Apart from the Gardner winner against them lot I don't have one. It's been boring, mondane and a chore. What i'm saying is don't worry about going down Believe it or not you can enjoy football in other leagues. The last three seasons are forgettable to me however I still remember vividly the Ardilles season.
    Not worth worrying over. Let the Wolves have it. Does it really matter what league you watch your team in? As long as you watch em.

Whatever floats your boat! The majority would rather watch top teams in the best league in the world as opposed to cold and wet windy nights at Barnsley or Burton. I would rather have less wins/less attractive football and stay in the premiership! West Brom could be in free fall if they take the drop as unlike Gibson at Middlesbrough and a few other owners who are fans too, we have a passionless China man who most likely does not even understand the offside rule.

Points at any cost to save our premiership skin for me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Whatever floats your boat! The majority would rather watch top teams in the best league in the world as opposed to cold and wet windy nights at Barnsley or Burton. I would rather have less wins/less attractive football and stay in the premiership! West Brom could be in free fall if they take the drop as unlike Gibson at Middlesbrough and a few other owners who are fans too, we have a passionless China man who most likely does not even understand the offside rule.

Just a couple of points if you don't mind.

The "Premiership" died a long time ago....

Secondly, explain why the Premier League is "the best league in the world"?
    Evidence?

I don't think you are right Al. The only ones who prefer Pulis prem dross are those who like to brag to their neighbours about being a top flight outfit. The rest, including the fans who attend matches regularly will be happier enjoying football in the Championship. The problem the club have, whichever division they are in is enticing the fans back who have stopped attending games because of Pulis. I don't see myself becoming a regular again, Des has said he will never go back. that's just 2 of many Pulis saw off.
    In years to come people will ask "what happened to West Brom?". Those in the know will reply " they were pulisised".

At last you've owned up, Al.
    As suspected you haven't been a fan for long. Welcome aboard - we need all the new fans we can get, because many lifelong fans are deserting the sinking ship skippered by your hero.

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    I don't think you are right Al. The only ones who prefer Pulis prem dross are those who like to brag to their neighbours about being a top flight outfit. The rest, including the fans who attend matches regularly will be happier enjoying football in the Championship. The problem the club have, whichever division they are in is enticing the fans back who have stopped attending games because of Pulis. I don't see myself becoming a regular again, Des has said he will never go back. that's just 2 of many Pulis saw off.
    In years to come people will ask "what happened to West Brom?". Those in the know will reply " they were pulisised".

Not knowing real reasons for anyone to stop going, but generally when ceasing with something, things (i e Pulis) could be used as ”excuses” too. Often many things coincide and contribute together.

To be honest Al, if you and your ‘majority’ want to watch top flight football every week, then may I respectfully suggest that you go and support one of the top six teams. I have been an Albion fan for nearly 70 years now and accordingly have had to accept the ups and downs of our club. However, along with many supporters of other teams, I have always considered Albion as one the ‘footballing’ teams in the country. Over the last couple of seasons the football we have served up has been dire and not what I expect from the team I have followed since a boy. As a club, we have lost many neutral friends that we had amassed over the years. We can never compete financially with the big clubs but I do expect us to serve up a tyoe of football which would encourage people to go to the games. It is evident that true loyal supporters have been staying away this season under the Pulis regime and we need to get them back to watching the games. Our football has now improved but without getting results which may result in us losing our place in the Premiership. If this happens, then so be it but I am more enthusiastic than I have been all season and look forward to our games again. I am proud to be a Baggies fan again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)