+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Newport County - v - Leeds United ***Matchday Thread*** FA Cup 3rd Round

Why do our managers/coaches disrespect lower league oppoents by making so many changes?
    I can understand that the league is a priority, but surely we could have made only 3 or 4 changes & kept the nucleus of our strongest team together & come away with a win.

You can't make 10 changes and expect anything other than a knock out. TC isn't arsed about the FA cup and I agree with him. Lasogga isn't right he was huffing and puffing from the start, he's had plenty of time to get fitter than that. He has to go. The rest of them aren't good enough to play together but okay to mix here and there as cover.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    People saying Lassoga, Grot, CBJ should be shown the door? I can't think of any player on the pitch today who deserves to keep their shirt? Berardi and Lonergan maybe but other than that they were all pathetic and I include Cibicki, Phillips and Shaughnessey in that.

If Saiz gets a long suspension we can kiss any chances of top 6 goodbye with the run we have coming up.

Pathetic today, nobody can defend that absolutely fuming with the performance I said if they score one they'll win because we never looked like scoring even Berardi shot was just a fluke as it moved in the air and left the keeper stranded
    I think Berardi was good throughout but he's on his own. This simply illustrates that most of our squad players are not even close to being good enough. I think Anita is one of the worse players I have seen for Leeds for a long time - what is the point of a full back that can't tackle or pass. Their wide players went past him at will. That numpty CBJ on the other side was nearly (but not quite) as bad. Our forwards were ponderous and slow and never looked threatening.

As for that pitch - what a joke. They allegedly spent £1M having it relaid in the close season; Presumably this work was carried out by a bunch of gypsies in a white van who offered a 2 for 1 deal on a driveway and a football pitch. They really should be asking for their money back. Clearly, the pitch is no excuse for our under-performing, overpaid donkeys who should be either given a thorough beasting in training, fined or sold on E-bay.

40 + days ban for 5 seconds of stupidity from Saiz..home to Brentford feb 24th is when he is due back.

What can you say Shocking a bunch of low rated players except one, and we got them in for us to get promotion joke

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    40 + days ban for 5 seconds of stupidity from Saiz..home to Brentford feb 24th is when he is due back.
    Sorry rev but not stupidity. I can be stupid but it was cowardly and disgusting. Deserves what he gets.

Quote Originally Posted by magnificowhite View Post
    Sorry rev but not stupidity. I can be stupid but it was cowardly and disgusting. Deserves what he gets.
    Not gonna argue with that mate.

He's let down a hell of a lot of people today.

Quote Originally Posted by leedsutdman View Post
    You can't make 10 changes and expect anything other than a knock out. TC isn't arsed about the FA cup and I agree with him. Lasogga isn't right he was huffing and puffing from the start, he's had plenty of time to get fitter than that. He has to go. The rest of them aren't good enough to play together but okay to mix here and there as cover.
    If TC wasn't arsed about the FA cup why did he put Saiz on when we were winning? It's totally illogical that he did that if he didn't care. And why did he care after making so many changes in the first place - the whole thing makes no sense.

He should've just stuck on a defensive player and left it to whatever happened next - but he put on our best player of the season, facing 20 minutes of provocation, a terrible pitch and the threat of injury and that decision directly led to what happened next with Saiz (not that i'm defending what he did, just that he shouldn't have been there to do it).

Rey, Kitching and Pearce were all put on the bench by TC, and are all defenders. They should all have been able to put in a shift with us winning with 15 minutes to go. He should have taken off Grot and put on Pearce who is a left back, pushing Anita forward to flood the centre of midfield leaving Lasogga on his own up front. Anita might be a terrible left back, but to try and give him some credit, he's actually a defensive midfielder by trade. Those decisions would have hopefully strangled the forward momentum Newport had at that time.

So 2 stupid decisions - not putting on a defender and then instead deciding to play Saiz.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post
    If TC wasn't arsed about the FA cup why did he put Saiz on when we were winning? It's totally illogical that he did that if he didn't care. And why did he care after making so many changes in the first place - the whole thing makes no sense.

He should've just stuck on a defensive player and left it to whatever happened next - but he put on our best player of the season, facing 20 minutes of provocation, a terrible pitch and the threat of injury and that decision directly led to what happened next with Saiz (not that i'm defending what he did, just that he shouldn't have been there to do it).

Rey, Kitching and Pearce were all put on the bench by TC, and are all defenders. They should all have been able to put in a shift with us winning with 15 minutes to go. He should have taken off Grot and put on Pearce who is a left back, pushing Anita forward to flood the centre of midfield leaving Lasogga on his own up front. Anita might be a terrible left back, but to try and give him some credit, he's actually a defensive midfielder by trade. Those decisions would have hopefully strangled the forward momentum Newport had at that time.

So 2 stupid decisions - not putting on a defender and then instead deciding to play Saiz.

Probably thought he'd kill the game off.

Quote Originally Posted by leedsutdman View Post
    Probably thought he'd kill the game off.
    Yeah he probably did. Stupid thought to have when he should have considered all the possible negatives for the rest of the season.

On balance he probably realises now, though, eh?

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)