+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lennon

Lennon

See Rafa may be in for Aaron Lennon. I used to like his speed but at 31 his sell buy date is fast approaching.

At this point, any purchase is a welcome surprise.

Aye.

He could probably add something to us. Even on loan for 6 months might be good for us.

I have to say that I would prefer to see Murphy get a proper run down the right - Lennon has done nowt for years.

Is he any better than Ritchie, Atsu or Murphy? Little or no improvement for me.

Use every available penny on a goalscorer!

Yet ANOTHER bleeding winger, NO THANKS, get a striker in,OR give Mitro a chance, we got nothing to lose.

I think someone like that Benik Afobe at Bournemouth or Gabbiadini at Southampton would improve us. Definately Afobe and Bournemouth have Defoe, Wilson and Ibe as well so maybe we could get him? Dont know if they would loan or sell him especially as we are in and around them?

I like Lennon but I donīt want him. If we can manage to get a half decent striker, our current wingers will look a lot better IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    I like Lennon but I donīt want him. If we can manage to get a half decent striker, our current wingers will look a lot better IMO.
    Exactement monsieur.

Merci.

I've always wanted to see Lennon in a Toon shirt. But we're about 5yrs too late.

Even though he is injury prone, I think the Ģ20m deal for Walcunnt would have been a better deal. If he plays up front, he scores. He's more clinical than Perez and would be a real threat up front with Gayle. He does the business on the wing. And you would imagine that Fat Pig could have found Ģ20m down the back of his sofa!

With Amanda Staylovely proving unwilling to stump up a bit more cash (Ģ350m should do it), I've lost all hope of signings really.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)