+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: atmosphere at the lane

atmosphere at the lane

what has happened at the lane so quiet these days wether were winning drawing or losing cant understand it used to be one of the most intimidating grounds in the country i think for what chris and alan have achieved here in the last 18 months its very poor from our fans probably get slated for posting this but just dont understand it utb ftp

Sorry, just don't understand you and your dopey mails.

Health and safety
    South Yorkshire Police

And Nigel Senior with Nigel Junior who obviously never went to a football stadium before 2000 moaning whenever someone shouts, sings or stands up

It's the same everywhere. Only away fans on the pi55 make any sort of noise

It's usually the away fans anywhere that get up for it so to speak.
    I take the point about the atmosphere at the lane but at the side of other so called big clubs ours is ok really.
    It could be worse as there have been some quiet ones over this season
    Middlsbrough was quiet. As was Millwall and Preston.
    The sty was also pretty dire until they equalised.
    I would say the best atmosphere pound for pound would be Bradford City. Whether it be the crowd or the way the stands are situated.(steep and Close to the pitch) could be a contributing factor I don't know.

you think theres a good atmosphere then mahat ? and theres no need to be abusive its a fair comment and disagree jj plenty of noise at certain grounds but one thing i do agree with you on is weve loads just waiting to start moaning when things arnt going our way

At the Lane, at the Lane, and we're all f**cking zombies at the Lane...

What would help a lot is if the stupid c**nts on the Kop actually got on the same page, put the team, noise and support first and joined in with each other rather than persisting with the petty, bizarre block rivalry that goes on up there. Pathetic individual and group agendas override the common goal. The result is scattered bits of noise.

It would help if they understood that support can make a difference and didn't only sing after we've scored.

It would help if a lot of the lazy ba$tards further down the Kop would bother to stand up - for more than 20 seconds. Only about 10 rows stand up, that's pitiful.

It would help if people bothered to make any effort with the BLUT thing and if the club didn't hand out free tickets to little girls from the 'academy' and their families in the exact f**cking area we were targeting...

Do you remember the old kop , where all those that wanted to sing and have a laugh (the youngsters ) went to the top right as you looked at the pitch , those were the days , as you got older you move to the left or in the middle of the kop , then seating was introduced and ruined football atmospheres . I take my hat off to Crystal Palace fans in that section that just sings all the match , we really need a section like that where everyone who wants to sing , stand up , and f0000k about can go it will improve the atmosphere so much which has gone from the Lane , some times I am embarrassed by the lack of singing etc.

that second paragraph herbie is spot on weve got 2 lots of chants going off at the same time on the kop both different one from the centre back and another from f and g gangways oh for the days of standing all together behind the goal at the back of kop love the palace idea down side of their end anybody going in that section knows its the singing section and it works

Apparently that thing at Palace started with a small group of 30 or 40 so it shows you what's possible.

But it's like trying to get blood out of a stone to even get a small group together. Plenty won't move if it means spending one game away from their football fwends.

snap wavy uncanny must have posted my comment just after yours lol anybody who thinks theres a good atmosphere at the lane these days is easily pleased all seater stadia has definetley ruined atmospheres at most grounds know it had to be done but its not the same as it used to be

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast