+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Honey", "Pet", "Cock", "Love" or "Duck"..?

I just call all the blokes "love", "honey", "pet", "love" or "duck"..? and call the women "cock" --it seems to confuse them up these parts!

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Pick on the wrong one to call love, or tap on her knee, and see how far irony gets you. Feck that, it's a war zone out there.
    armed and...dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    I just call all the blokes "love", "honey", "pet", "love" or "duck"..? and call the women "cock" --it seems to confuse them up these parts!
    I can remember going into a chippy in Leeds about 1970. The guy serving asked, 'Do you want any vinegar on your chips love ?' I thought WTF, this was back in the day when men were men, girls were girls, and you knew the difference. I asked the brother in law, who was from Leeds, if that was normal and he said it was, men in Leeds called each other love and thought nothing about it. I've been a bit dubious about Yaarkshiremen ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I can remember going into a chippy in Leeds about 1970. The guy serving asked, 'Do you want any vinegar on your chips love ?' I thought WTF, this was back in the day when men were men, girls were girls, and you knew the difference. I asked the brother in law, who was from Leeds, if that was normal and he said it was, men in Leeds called each other love and thought nothing about it. I've been a bit dubious about Yaarkshiremen ever since.
    Nice tale sinkov, however, I am talking about Geordies!

The Financial Times take on this - from a women married to a Glaswegian whose parents couldn’t spell her first name.

https://www.ft.com/content/b847bc38-...0-857e26d1aca4

I just call everyone "petal" - it's safe that way!

Quote Originally Posted by CaspertheClaret View Post
    I just call everyone "petal" - it's safe that way!
    I recently said, "Come on petal" to a woman who was getting off the train in Bolton that I was waiting to board and in no uncertain terms she told me to "Fcuk Right Off!"

I suppose I might just have to:

"Make a start on changing this by tackling the systematic disparagement of traditionally “feminine” values and those who embody them, and addressing the damaging elevation of traditionally “masculine” traits. We all suffer from toxic masculinity, regardless of gender. We should try to hear each other and to embody those same values of patience and empathy and have the courage to be vulnerable. In order for that to be achieved, we all need to turn inward and face our own prejudices, and the fears that lie behind them."

Like fcuk I will!

There have always been miserable tw@s - always will be.

Quote Originally Posted by CaspertheClaret View Post
    There have always been miserable tw@s - always will be.
    It's just that (especially young) women are becoming so angry and aggressive! Honestly, I just can't be arsed with being friendly to female strangers anymore. Sad times Casper!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)