+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why is Hecky a wanted man

Difference is Wilder has done a 15 year apprenticeship, Halifax, Oxford, Northampton etc. “ Hecky” inherited a successful side, relatively speaking, and to my knowledge was parachuted straight into management with no previous experience, he’s now being found out

What happened last year happened for whatever reason , we can debate it for ever and a day but it won't change a thing .

Some of these lads recruited will have good careers at this level or maybe higher , some may get there but are way off the pace at the moment and clearly some won't make it at all .

The ones needing time to develop or won't make it at all outnumber the ones who have stepped up and adapted very well .

You can hire Pep , Jose or Wenger and it won't make a blind bit of difference , if there's not enough quality then there's not enough quality , tha can't pull a stocking off a bare leg .

Hecky has a hand in recruitment , that's all , he's not a manager he's an Head Coach , his responsibility only goes so far .

He's made mistakes but then so have the rest of the ones tasked with putting a championship team out on the park .

If you sack Hecky , then you have to sack the whole lot of em , two of them are now director's by the way .

The task this month is straightforward , bring more quality in and give the Head Coach something to work with , give him a chance .

He seemed to do alright when he had the tools to do the job properly .

Quote Originally Posted by b1gduk View Post
    Our league position doesn’t lie. Wouldnt be surprised after this game if there was some kind of change. New owners, poor results and an opportunity at another club ...
    My point exactly Duk, hence the sarcy 'messiah' comments and all.
    Hes being given all these 4th and 5th chances because of where hes from, its as simple as that.
    Do Notts Forest really want to take the gamble on him, well thats up to them of course. But Im past caring and worrying anymore whether he stays or goes.

Difference is Wilder has done a 15 year apprenticeship, Halifax, Oxford, Northampton etc. “ Hecky” inherited a successful side, relatively speaking, and to my knowledge was parachuted straight into management with no previous experience, he’s now being found out

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    You don't know the first thing about how this club works , how it recruits and who is responsible for what .

You simply look at the results and point the finger at the bloke in the dugout .

It's far more complex than that .

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    And you chose to post that piece of irrelevant information TWICE Wardy ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Hes being given all these 4th and 5th chances because of where hes from, its as simple as that.
    Do Notts Forest really want to take the gamble on him, well thats up to them of course. But Im past caring and worrying anymore whether he stays or goes.
    Which Head Coach would you like to replace Hecky with ?

Please outline how your new HC would start to get better results with this group ?

Please don't go down your usual route and only concentrate on the current Head Coaches alleged failings .

It's rather repetitive .

Quote Originally Posted by Swazer16 View Post
    Does Hecky have the final say on who we bring in. He has stated in the past about having too many of the same type of midfield player, I am sure he wouldn't make that statement if he had complete control as he wouldn't have brought them all in. I don't think any reporter has asked Hecky or the club who is responsible for player recruitment and who has the final say, correct me if I am wrong but has the club ever stated this?
    Hecky doesn't have 100% control over who we recruit , that's as much as we know .

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Has he ? It only seems to be people who don’t live in Barnsley who bring it up every week

Now the front runner for the forrest job so we might not have a choice either way on who we want next, but i dont think the Wednesday fans every said their new managers name when they was suggesting names

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast