+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Really!?

Really!?

I appreciate it was a cup game, chance to try the youngsters etc, etc but really! Just what the hell was that, proved very little, achieved zilch, again really!

I'm not too fussed about the fa cup. Getting promoted is clearly Bruce and Tonys priority and being only 5 points off 2nd. Poor performance though.
    It probably highlights why there not in the 1st 11.

Quote Originally Posted by bongosdad View Post
    I'm not too fussed about the fa cup. Getting promoted is clearly Bruce and Tonys priority and being only 5 points off 2nd. Poor performance though.

It probably highlights why there not in the 1st 11.
    Don't disagree with your prioritising promotion (however if by some unatural event we achieve promotion) rest assured we would be be out of the premier faster than sh!t through a goose with Bruce at the helm

As for your assessment of “probably highlights why there not in the 1st 11” if so it speaks volumes for who ever signed Bree, De Laet, Terry, Taylor; Bjarnason, Hourihane, & Onomah doesn't it ??

Also after a dismal run of results we produce 2 good performances, rather than Brucie boy being content & graciously accepting the favourable press/accolades he couldn't resist taunting folk with “It was only a couple of weeks ago that some folk were calling for my head “

Really Steve -Cant imagine why can any of you ?

Last edited by freer; 06-01-2018 at 11:49 PM.

Not bothered. I really think Elphick should have started if Bruce is going back to Chester/Terry from now on, but the only outcome I didn't want was a tie.

In the next rd we would probably draw Man C or Man U and go out so what's the point?

To be fair, it was a clear statement before the game that Bruce is hell bent on promotion and could not give a stuff about the cup, to which I would agree BUT I paid for3 guys from Chicago to come with me at a cost of £66 and If Bruce really wanted to ditch the cup then that should have reflected in the pricing! yes £15 some will say, not bad but along with the £66, I paid for all the drinks, train fair and food. The day has cost me around £200 and for what? As soon as I saw the line up I thought to myself, I have wasted my time here.
    If we really don't want the cup then think about all the fans not just the Season ticket holders but the casual fan who has spent good money on a lame duck......for me, Its not good enough that Bruce says, he got it wrong....Come on!!

I agree with all that TD

I'm with Cakeside, only bad result would've been a tie

It’s the hope that kills you. The hope that after a string of pathetic results and performances, 2 good uns might just be the turning of a corner.
    Now I know that in the grand scheme of things, the cup is not the top priority, this season, as if we’dve progressed further than Rd 4 anyway. But a good win would’ve kept momentum going into Forest away.
    If we played well and suffered the odd poor performance and setback, you could roll out the excuses and shrug the shoulders and move on. However, the past 15 months have been p1ss poor with the odd (3 or 4) good performances.
    Yet again, SB claims to have got it wrong, no sh1t Sherlock.
    Totally outplayed at home again!!! Totally outplayed yet again by a team from a lower division than us.
    Just when the hope starts building, BANG!!!
    SB is beginning to sound like Dick Emery’s father & son skinhead sketch.
    “Daaaad, I got it wrong again”
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQ8HjDRrHt0

Apologies to our younger viewers for the Dick Emery (WHOOO?) reference.

Woo Hoo I'm young.

Nah mate, you aint young, just from a country that's waaaay behind (except for sport). You've just discovered the Beatles so Dick Emery should be with you in about 10 years mate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)