+ Visit Millwall FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: About time

About time

We got a result against the Tykes but I would have preferred the 3 points that we lost earlier this season.
    Hope we get a biggun next round......but whatever happened to the “Magic of the cup”? I know it wasn’t a “glamorous tie” for either side but only 5000 turned up!

Quote Originally Posted by frenchlion View Post
    We got a result against the Tykes but I would have preferred the 3 points that we lost earlier this season.
    Hope we get a biggun next round......but whatever happened to the “Magic of the cup”? I know it wasn’t a “glamorous tie” for either side but only 5000 turned up!
    Let's hope that is the end of the hoodoo we have endured with them.

Possibly fans thought we would lose again so did not turn up, it looked that way when Paul Potts scored 1st for the Tykes, but today was to be the Lions on top.

Now I know your taking the mick Claw.... Paul Potts ?. That did make me chuckle.
    Is he the same as Brad Potts, who we signed from the Blacky Lashers ?. lol

It sounded like we were comfortable for the first 30 odd minutes, and you scored before half time and it was looking like a possible repeat of the league game from this season (which we won, remember lol). I dont know if the sending off ruined us, and thats maybe unfair on the home team because I always thought you lot would want the win more than us today, for various reasons.
    Anyway we move on, and its the leaders Wolves at Oakwell next week. What did you think of them recently in that 2-2 draw ?.

Hi Acido, it was anything but not a dull game, your guys played well in the 1st half as you said. I believe we may have wanted it more despite the Gaffer making 6 changes. But we had such a good run last year in the process knocking out 3 Premier League clubs making a good bit of money.

Of course you don't have to worry about dosh now as your new owners are loaded. Wolves are a good team, but the 2 goals we scored against them at the Den were the 1st they had conceded in December. So you don't need to stand back from them as a lot of teams do, they are beatable, especially with all your new signings.

Us Nobbers next Claw and Frenchie how do you fancy your chances against one of the best performing away sides in the Champ. Fans are certainly up for it as we have sold just over 1200 so far.

Quote Originally Posted by gardsPNE View Post
    Us Nobbers next Claw and Frenchie how do you fancy your chances against one of the best performing away sides in the Champ. Fans are certainly up for it as we have sold just over 1200 so far.
    Should be a good game Gards, and hard to call. Did you know that you have not been beaten away since Nov 4th and the the Lions have not been beaten at home( yes, you guessed it, since Nov4th).

That's a good away following you are bringing, not surprising, should make for a good atmosphere. Listen to the Lions ROAR !!!!!

To be honest Claw they/Wolves were far from impressive when they scraped a stoppage time 2-1 win against us earlier on this season (and Im sure they themselves would admit they were lucky to win that day).
    I expect they will give us a tougher test tomorrow and they look like they will definitely deserve their promotion this season.

Quote Originally Posted by claw84 View Post
    Should be a good game Gards, and hard to call. Did you know that you have not been beaten away since Nov 4th and the the Lions have not been beaten at home( yes, you guessed it, since Nov4th).

That's a good away following you are bringing, not surprising, should make for a good atmosphere. Listen to the Lions ROAR !!!!!
    Yep most Nobbers aren’t expecting an easy game and your manager as the respect of our fans. I am hoping we can just squeak this one but so hard to call. By the way we have sold our ałlocation but been told pay on the day available.

1 a piece...seems a fair result.

And 0-0 for us against the league leaders, a much better performance by us compared to the Fa cup game at Millwall last week.
    In fact we're keeping a few clean sheets these days, I really cant see where that awful second half showing from us came from at The Den!.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)