+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Designated penalty taker

Designated penalty taker

Listening to Pardew postatch he seemed somewhat peeved over the HRK miss and wouldn't comment further other than to say it'll be addressed in the week,you would think after taking up our reigns he would have had that issue as a priority from the off

I agree, as bomber said, should be sorted out before the game. Seems HRK either thought he would stop the argument himself by taking the kick or thought he had confidence to score. He's regretting getting involved i'm sure.

I am utterly amazed that a Premier League club has not got a designated penalty taker. For goodness sake, it doesn't require a great deal of forethought to decide who is going to take the penalties. No wonder we are in the position we are in if we can't sort this out. Even at schoolboy level I knew who would be taking our penalties. It just beggars belief!

Don't know what all the fuss is about...baggies have been 5hite at taking penalties for years...

Quote Originally Posted by goodlordmurphy View Post
    Don't know what all the fuss is about...baggies have been 5hite at taking penalties for years...
    Saido was the best in resent times until he missed 2 in 1 game ,

Sums up the state of things. I wouldn’t have HRK taking penalties for Stourbridge. Jokers like this is why we are where we are but it’s not his fault. It’s our wonderfully inspired board who signed him. You get what you pay for

I remember one season when we were regularly missing them, then came the Bradford game and up stepped Igor, who no one knew took them for his country.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggies_Boy_Tony View Post
    I remember one season when we were regularly missing them, then came the Bradford game and up stepped Igor, who no one knew took them for his country.
    That was Neil Clement who just kept missing. He had been fine prior to that season.

Only ever any fuss when one is missed!

Surely the players can make their own minds up and it is down to who feels confident at the time. No problem who takes a penalty and as Boy Tony says for all of us who were at Bradford that famous night then the proof is there for all to see.

RK only took the penalty to selfishly attempt to get on the scoresheet. He is incapable of getting any goals in open play so chose this easy option. The man is a complete waster and should be shipped out asap.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)