+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Freak result?

Troodee, just leave it as there is no debate to be had, roles reversed we would be averaging a couple thousand more than you are right now in the top flight, we are averaging a lot more than you ever did in the 2nd tier

We continue to have four figures more in the home end in this division than you get in the prem despite a catastrophic three years for us

Fact, no debate, nothing left to say, no need to bore offshore or anyone else further

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    If there was as many as 4800 funsters at the Andrew Considine 7-0 game then United won 6-1 yesterday and Dundee haven't been shyte my whole life

Reality is there wasn't ��
    Deluded you are! Feast your eyes on this it is comedy gold.

http://www.falkirkfc.tv/?p=2991

Freak result or not , thats simply not acceptable , by all accounts downed tools at 3-1 , yes Robson at right back was a mistake but there is no excuse for lack of heart or desire or pride in your own performance , what this will do for the rest of the season only time will tell

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Ohhh I dunno this was pretty bad

0-7 at home
    On tv
    2000 home fans
    Andrew Considine hat trick!!

😂
    Agreed it was a poor result!
    But to put it in context Aberdeen are the second best team in the league with a budget which dwarfs Dundees. Where as United just took 6(six) from a team sitting 2nd bottom of the fundesliga who had 2 wins all season! Add the fact United are one of the favourites for the league with the biggest budget in the league, the largest crowds, best facilities and it is easy to see which result is worse.
    Crowd debates the last hiding place for Football fans on the internet.... No place left to go but crowd **** debates!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ianharab View Post
    Freak result or not , thats simply not acceptable , by all accounts downed tools at 3-1 , yes Robson at right back was a mistake but there is no excuse for lack of heart or desire or pride in your own performance , what this will do for the rest of the season only time will tell
    It was pathetic and the worst performance I've witnessed in near 35 years watching United . And I've watched some drubbings.

Lone striker, defensive midfielder, match fitness.

The above are all reasons the result will happen more often than not. Inviting the opposition on to you. One striker to take the chances. Well that defensive midfielder really protected the defence. Match fitness, goes back to having the reserves like it was years ago. You work back from your injury there, then you are considered for first team action.

Reserve league football years ago would help to get your new signings ready before thrown in at the deep end. As it is Transfer Windows come along and you know what your team require but your hands are tied.

Value for money for the fans. Not for me, the fundamentals have been tinkered with and ultimately the football on offer ain't worth the admission fee.

I knew something was wrong y'day as early as the 2nd minute when their Sibbald strolled thro our 'defence' like it was a practice match and battered one off the post (& along the goal line). I turned to my mate & said 'wtf was that about?' At 2-1 half-time I predicted a drubbing, change or no change. And btw why was Durnan a subbie??

Just a couple of observations -
    Our back four was Robson-Quinn-Scobbie-Mason. I would have taken Cowdenbeath's back four.
    I fear Fyvie's and Fraser's long-term absence is going to be more severe than we thought. What terrible luck.
    Next time we play Falkirk it'll be on grass which is good. A bad day can turn out to be a very bad day when it's on plastic. Not blaming the pitch entirely but they were totally on-song on the surface & cut thro us like a knife thro butter.

Were too much of a one trick pony tactics wise. This one up front play it out from the back nonsense doesn't work but it shouldn't take a good manager most of the game to figure that out (especially as we've been trying it for over 2 years now). Something is fundamentally wrong with the way our team is approaching games, because let's face it if any of us decided when we would and wouldn't give 100% at work we'd get punted pronto

Quote Originally Posted by duke_the_arab View Post
    Correct no matter how schite we are at the moment it must be less than 500 living Dee fans who have witnessed a major trophy win. Let them gloat we had being doing it for 40 years upto 2016.
    LOL Utter nonsense and you know it..........most of Utds miserable existence has been in at least one league below us

FACT ............You are a walloper

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)