+ Visit Newcastle United FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The HolidayThread

The HolidayThread

Where's everybody off to this year?

Mrs. Stan and me are going to St Ives, Cornwall again at Easter for a week, and New York for a week in summer.

Keswick, as per. Love the place.

Week in Keswick in March, couple of weeks in Lanzarote in September and maybe Vegas in October/November!

And back to Keswick for Christmas!

Nice.

Lucky bugger.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Nice.

Lucky bugger.
    I'm miserable for the rest of the year mind

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Keswick, as per. Love the place.
    We camped(the four of us) at the Derwen****er camp site. It must be the most beautiful campsite in the World.

We had such great times.

Haha donít forget your bobble hats and walking poles you bunch crag rats.
    The lakes are better in the winter without all the tourists

Itís gods country all right
    If the sun only shone for a solid week it would be perfect.

Make sure you visit grasmere next time and pick up some old style gingerbread from Sarah nelsons shop (next to the church where William Wordsworths buried)
    Itís better than that Kendal mint cake sh1te all the tourist insist on eating

Quote Originally Posted by tooslomofo View Post
    Haha donít forget your bobble hats and walking poles you bunch crag rats.
    The lakes are better in the winter without all the tourists

Itís gods country all right
    If the sun only shone for a solid week it would be perfect.

Make sure you visit grasmere next time and pick up some old style gingerbread from Sarah nelsons shop (next to the church where William Wordsworths buried)
    Itís better than that Kendal mint cake sh1te all the tourist insist on eating
    We took some photos of our children, at the top of Cat Bells, on a beautiful clear day. It was a funny Holiday.

Soaked, not so Soaked, dry, soaked again, pack up and head back.

A great little one for the kids cattbells Stan
    How old are the bairns??

Big year for me. 2 weeks car around the Rockies then Alaska cruise.Just bought a place near Marbs so out there quite a bit - taking in 1/2 Malaga games.

going to Rome for 5 nights on the 25th of this month. (taking the boss for her 40th)

nowt sorted for the summer yet.

Quote Originally Posted by tooslomofo View Post
    A great little one for the kids cattbells Stan
    How old are the bairns??
    Probably about seven and ten, then.

21 and 24 now.

Dubrovnik, Croatia for us in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanleymag View Post
    Probably about seven and ten, then.

21 and 24 now.
    A little one? I nearly rang the Air ambulance.

Had a nice 4 days in disney paris in Nov .
    Week in tenerife coming up .
    Then orlando for 2 weeks in the summer.

Lovely .

florida for a month though part of that will be up the coast at myrtle beach , plus hopefully many trips out in me campervan

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    going to Rome for 5 nights on the 25th of this month. (taking the boss for her 40th)

nowt sorted for the summer yet.
    Rome is fantastic, been there 5 times, my favourite city outside of UK. Also one of the limited few i'd live in outside of UK.

You want any tips or advice about places to go, just let me know Mick.

If me, wife and babe get any holiday this year i'll be gobsmacked. Just cannot afford it it at the min. Might go down to poole/bournemouth and stay with my grandad for a few days. Beyond that it'll be day trips.

School Librarians in Academy's are not paid much

Off to St Anton for a weeks boarding next Sat with the lads, and then not sure what weíll do as we have a 6 month old at home, probably a cottage somewhere for a week with the dog, a trip to Europe so not too far, and imagine Centre-parks will start to become a feature 😂

Skiing at Zell am See, motorbike ride over to Cologne and Canada later on in the year.

New York 1st feb, will be watching the crystal palace match in Legends bar - early sunday morning

supposed to be going to Mexico end of August for a wedding, and I sort of promised my sis i'd go to oz for 3 months with her - end of year beginning of next year. I say supposed cos i'm not sure where the money is coming from to fund these. - plus i have to pay for my granddaughter to go to mexico also for the wedding,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast