+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lee Evans

Quote Originally Posted by herbert View Post
    Sorry this was just a w@nker post delete if you want.

He's a solid CM with decent technical ability and takes a good set piece.

Similar to Leonard. Doesn't really make sense to sign both if you ask me. Seems like an alternative to Leonard and the press have made a mistake - it's happened before. But that doesn't explain why he was pulled out of the game today.
    I don’t know much about this lad except his age - which is promising.
    Seeing how we have lost Coutts and Brooks for a long time, we are obviously 2 short in a midfield which already looked a bit short of cover. A further injury to Lundstram, Fleck or Duffy, could be disastrous, so signing 2 decent midfielders seems a minimum requirement to me if we are serious about maintaining a promotion hope. Similarly, any sale of Fleck, Duffy or Lundstram would just not make sense unless the fee was astronomical and the player wanted to go.
    In CW I trust!

If we're to sign another midfielder, it should be a Fleck alternative, and it should be a loan.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    Palace for £10m Aya
    Oh - not good if true...........not good at all

Quote Originally Posted by herbert View Post
    If we're to sign another midfielder, it should be a Fleck alternative, and it should be a loan.
    As I said, I don’t know much about this lad, his strengths or weaknesses, but signing two decent midfielders seems a good idea to me.
    Of course, at the moment this is only a rumour, albeit a strong one, but if CW wants him - that’s good enough for me - because for sure, CW will know all about him.

I don't see the problem, sorry. We want a squad with a depth of talented hungry young players, and so long as we can afford them all, that's what were getting aren't we?

We've got homegrown players coming through from U23, players developing on loans, and experienced players arriving on transfer to bolster the first team. I like how we are building for now and building for the future, not panic buying aging marquee players. The more I see, the more i'm getting the feeling (spider sense...female intuition...call it what you will...) that the work that Wilder is doing now, fully supported by the board (so it appears) is going to set us fair for years to come. UTB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12