+ Visit Sheffield United FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Mark Hughes sacked

Mark Hughes sacked

Guess who will be on the short list?

Apparently, already a CW thread on Stoke forum about him

Yipee, f**cking Talksport won't shut up about him for a week now.

Most predictable sacking Ive seen in years

" Who's better to do this job?" asked Hughes after the last PL game,the arrogant sod.

You'll find out soon enough

CW not in the running ATM in the betting

The vastly experienced Ryan Giggs was showing as favourite.
    Last edited by tomytony; 07-01-2018 at 12:07 AM.

Giggs???? Really? Just like Hughes, no background, no record but gets a top job because hes a name.
    This crap makes me sick, how many people like Wilder, with a proven track record, get overlooked for people like this?
    Not that o want us to lose the messiah it this crap is a bit of a joke

Saw Giggs being interviewed on TV last week

Said he wants to get into management but is waiting for the right opportunity.

In other words he's waiting for a Premier League club to sack their manager.

Personally I think he'd turn Stoke down, not grand enough for him

Terrific player was Hughes, but if anything it shows the fleeting nature of football success. I think he did alright at Stoke. 5 years is not to be sniffed at, but he's spent a lot and run out of steam.

Promoted the year after us, I always though that Stoke achieved what we might have, if things had turned out differently. As for Giggs, who knows. His chum Neville didn't do so well down at Valencia did he. Maybe he'd be better sitting on his millions. Tricky business this management.

Respect to Hughes, but I think his time had run out and I bet a tiny bit of him is relieved to be out of there.

As for Giggs - its like one of the country's biggest PLC's appointing an ex-employee as their CE just because he's got a famous Dad - its nonsense that he could even be considered for the job and even more nonsense if he gets it. Why Gigg's can't eat a bit of humble pie and look for jobs in Divs 2 or 1 is beyond me - probably because he know's what would happen.

Let the Premiership circus continue.

Wtf has Giggs done to warrant walking straight into Premier League management?

Quote Originally Posted by blades58 View Post
    Played a lot of times for Man United?

The Stoke owner is far too sensible to appoint someone like Giggs. In fact, I think he would be more likely to appoint “the dream team” of Rod, Block D and Brian the Blade.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieWaldock View Post
    The Stoke owner is far too sensible to appoint someone like Giggs. In fact, I think he would be more likely to appoint “the dream team” of Rod, Block D and Brian the Blade.
    Tha wants to leave the spirits alone Ronaldo,i'm a one club man me.UTCB

Hughes is another one who got top jobs on nothing but name recognition. Hes achieved very little at every club hes been at but will no doubt walk into another premier league club pretty soon despite a CV that says nothing other than used to be a good player at Man Utd.

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyEdge View Post
    Hughes is another one who got top jobs on nothing but name recognition. He’s achieved very little at every club he’s been at but will no doubt walk into another premier league club pretty soon despite a CV that says nothing other than used to be a good player at Man Utd.
    Can't argue with that JE, although I wonder if any PL clubs will dive in.

To me he could d a Curbishley and all but disappear unless of course Manure ride to the rescue and employ him as an 'ambassador'. They do have history for that.

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    Can't argue with that JE, although I wonder if any PL clubs will dive in.

To me he could d a Curbishley and all but disappear unless of course Manure ride to the rescue and employ him as an 'ambassador'. They do have history for that.
    No hell probably walk into another job. Clubs like Stoke, WBA and Wet Sham always plump for names like this.

It's definitely jobs for the boys in the premiership merry go round.
    Word has it that CW does not wake up every morning with a premier league dream, more so a determination to do well at whatever club he is at and to win the next game.
    Personally I feel that a club like Stoke are very similar to us and Chris would do well there so I ain't too bothered that he gets overlooked.
    Chris happens to be a Blade too which is great but let's not detach ourselves from the reality that being a blade will not stop him moving on if he wasn't happy here.