+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: O’Neill and Rowett favourites for Stoke job

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    I can't see him being interested to be honest but if he was what can you do! It's all ok saying he should could come out and say he's committed to the Rams but if you were on £10,000 a week and someone comes in and offers you £25,000 a week it's not going to be easy to turn down. At the end of the day it's a job and you only go to work for cash!
    Surely there’s some sort of loyalty left MoP...after all GR is Derby based and has talked about his love for the club often enough. I’d really like to think he’s made of sterner stuff than mercenary McClaren.
    No idea what Rowett earns - Rog’ll probably know - but it’ll be the sort of figure that most of us can only dream of and perhaps pay rises become less important at that level. Hope so...and that mista is right anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    I can't see him being interested to be honest but if he was what can you do! It's all ok saying he should could come out and say he's committed to the Rams but if you were on £10,000 a week and someone comes in and offers you £25,000 a week it's not going to be easy to turn down. At the end of the day it's a job and you only go to work for cash!
    Absolutely. And if we have 5 losses and a draw on he trot he would be sacked straight away, so (unfortunately) loyalty is hard to command these days.

Manx. No I hadn't heard of him till today but he's done bloody well surely worth a shout

Doubt Rowett will go, unless maybe they triple his wages or something. He stands a good chance of being a Prem manager in about 4 months. Has to be something really good to tempt him away.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    Has to be something really good to tempt him away.
    Cash!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Surely there’s some sort of loyalty left MoP...after all GR is Derby based and has talked about his love for the club often enough. I’d really like to think he’s made of sterner stuff than mercenary McClaren.
    No idea what Rowett earns - Rog’ll probably know - but it’ll be the sort of figure that most of us can only dream of and perhaps pay rises become less important at that level. Hope so...and that mista is right anyway.
    Don't ever believe pay rises/income maximisation become less important at ANY level!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Don't ever believe pay rises/income maximisation become less important at ANY level!
    Whatever Stoke might promise him would be what he should expect from us when he gets us promoted. So, while I agree with a bird in the hand and all that, a pay rise is only a rise if it is more than you will be earning at the same point in your current role.

Mel has everything in his remit to incentivise GR - 'tell you what Gaz me old mucker, get us promoted and not only will I pay you the same but I will back pay you what you would have earned at Stoke in the meantime'.

Rowett has all the reasons to stay and I see next to no chance he will go to Stoke. Not going to happen.

GR should listen to the anti drugs messages............. Just say no!!

it would not take GR long to note that Stoke City's majority owner paid herself a salary of more than £ 200 million last year and to realise that she may be worth a few bob more than dear old Mel. If its all about the cash, then there is no way we could compete. it its all about transfer warchests, we would be seriously outgunned.

So lets hope loyalty counts for something, even though again this season manager club loyalty seems to be a one way street.

The minute Bet 365 stop taking bets on GR for the job is the minute we know he is going!

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    it would not take GR long to note that Stoke City's majority owner paid herself a salary of more than £ 200 million last year and to realise that she may be worth a few bob more than dear old Mel. If its all about the cash, then there is no way we could compete. it its all about transfer warchests, we would be seriously outgunned.

So lets hope loyalty counts for something, even though again this season manager club loyalty seems to be a one way street.

The minute Bet 365 stop taking bets on GR for the job is the minute we know he is going!
    Out of interest Rog, and I know you can’t be 100% accurate, how much is GR likely to earn? Assuming it’s more than the highest earning player who I imagine is still Chris Martin.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)