+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT - Mich, and the NFL play offs

OT - Mich, and the NFL play offs

Hey Mich matey, its that time of year again when we make excuses for our NFL teams again isnt it lol.
    Ive got loads to say about my teams season (Dallas), and I bet youve got the same stuff to say about Detroit havent you.

WILD CARD ROUND: fixtures/result:

Kansas v TENNESSEE (how could Kansas blow this match against a team like Tennessee!!)

LA. Rams v Atlanta

New Orleans v Carolina

Jacksonville v Buffalo

Whatever happens this season, I (as a Dallas fan) hope the dirty over rated Philly Eagles team get whacked by somebody and get humiliated.

With Wentz out, I don’t see Philly doing much of anything in the playoffs. I’m having a hard time seeing someone other than the Patriots or Steelers winning the Super Bowl.

Bittersweet as the Lions went 5-1 in the division (first time in team history I believe) and we somehow missed the playoffs. Cost our coach his job.

Is that right Mich, that Detroit have sacked/fired the Coach ?.
    Hey I reckon Jason Garrett is on thin ice as well at Dallas, dont be surprised if Jerry Jones doesnt pull the plug on him sometime this year!.

Green Bay flattered didnt they without the over rated Aaron Rogers, but credit has to goto Minnesota for having a cracking (that means great to us in the UK) season lol. If Philly can go all the way then ok fair enough, they will have deserved it. But its all down to either New England or Pittsburgh again isnt it. The NFC has been the better conference this season, but I still think nobody can touch New England when it really matters.

If you don’t make the playoffs next season or get off to a very slow start, I would imagine Garrett is gone. A lot of offensive talent on your team going to waste if you’re not making the postseason.

I was going to ask you Mich about the whole Zeke Elliott suspension thing, and was it right that the NFL chose to issue a 6 game ban for what he 'allegedly' did to his gf/partner.
    And especially after the law courts didnt want to take the case any further, should the NFL have got involved like that. Arent they setting a dangerous precedence here for similar future incidents ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I was going to ask you Mich about the whole Zeke Elliott suspension thing, and was it right that the NFL chose to issue a 6 game ban for what he 'allegedly' did to his gf/partner.
    And especially after the law courts didnt want to take the case any further, should the NFL have got involved like that. Arent they setting a dangerous precedence here for similar future incidents ?.
    Police chose not to charge him, but that doesn’t mean nothin happened. I think the NFL is being cautious due to their inaction on physical/***ual assault against women in the past. Remember Ray Rice? NFL officials saw video of him knocking out his girlfriend in the elevator and dragging her unconscious body to their room and only decided to suspend him a total of two games. When the public saw the video, there was massive backlash from fans, media and other members of the league.

NFL is a private organization. They can set their own rules and can discipline players as they see fit. There is enough in that specific incident and Elliott’s past behavior to suggest that some sort of physical altercation took place. Whether it was to the level of assault, I don’t know.

Ok we're onto the Play Offs Round, (round 2 if you like)...

New England v Tennessee (Patriots here obviously)
    Pittsburgh v Jacksonville (Steelers here obviously)
    Minnesota v New Orleans (a bit tricky this one, but Im going with the Vikings)
    Philadelphia v Atlanta (come on Falcons, I hope they can and will win this one!)

And what Im suggesting here is the following Champship games next week....
    New England v Pittsburgh
    Minnesota v Atlanta

Patriots won easily, as expected.

Philly held on for the win. Was a bit surprised. Though Ryan and the falcons would beat them, even on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganWolf View Post
    Patriots won easily, as expected.
    Philly held on for the win. Was a bit surprised. Though Ryan and the falcons would beat them, even on the road.
    It was a poor game Mich and Atlanta didnt quite turn up Im afraid, and I suppose credit has to goto Philly. (yes I actually said that, despite being a Dallas fan).
    So now our own teams divisional rivals are playing in the NFC Title game arent they.... PHILADELPHIA v MINNESOTA.
    Its hard to know who I want to win this one, as Minnesota were extremely lucky to win with that late play against New Orleans.
    As for the AFC, what on earth happened to Pittsburgh, blowing it against a League One team like Jacksonville. I think New England will hit a cricket score against the Jags now!.

Nothing to do with the playoffs but just watching a great programme about the former Redskins running back, the great John Riggins. Used to love watching him some thirty odd years ago, just bashing opponents out of his path on his way to numerous touchdowns.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)