+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hampden

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Murrayfield nae an option?
    I don’t think the Police would allow it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I don’t think the Police would allow it.
    What was it N.W.A said again?

Celtic & Rangers would still get their own ends at Parkhead & Ibrox. Choosing their own end at Hampden has to stop right enough & Aberdeen could stop it in an instant if we had any balls whatsoever

Milne doesn’t like upsetting them though & our management are probably fully behind it
    How could Aberdeen stop it in an instant ?

Quote Originally Posted by redstarfk View Post
    How could Aberdeen stop it in an instant ?
    Say we get the Tims in the Scottish Cup Final. All it would take would be for Milne to go on tv with a 50p and say he wants a coin toss for which end our fans go in. In the interests of fairness of course, at what is a completely neutral venue. Back the mhanks into a corner

20,000 of us get in early, overwhelm the stewards and cops, taking the seats we want. The upstream supply columns will get sufficient quantities of Lifebuoy and Shield to the front lines of the vanguard to keep the ****s at bay.

Post-Thatcherite free-marketeer adherents in our support seem to have neither the imagination nor the desire to organise a decent occupation/protest/rammy.

To be honest I’m torn.

- Hamdung is sh1te behind the goals.
    - If we ditch it, we’re likely to be using Parkhead or the B@stard Garden for cup finals. I don’t go to either ground as I refuse to give either a bean. Playing cup finals there would mean a six figure rental fee - sod that.
    - Murrayfield some say.... it has the same issue as Hamdung in that behind the goals, in lower tier, is a sh1te view.
    - a brand new 60,000 stadium in Perth or Stirling is NEVER going to happen.

It seems to me, on reflection, that building two new stands in behind the goals at Hamdung is the best solution. But again, the SFA are on the bones of their a*se & can’t afford that.

Bottom line is I don’t want cup finals at Parkhead or B@stard Garden & therefore give them hundreds of thousands of pounds.
    Same for internationals. The 2 grounds would get 75% of Scotland games alternated between them (more money) with a token Estonia type game at Hibs, Hearts or Pittodrie.

So, 2 new stands brought in behind the goals at Hamdung, and “reserved” ends for the a*se cheeks a thing of the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    What was it N.W.A said again?
    Express Yourself?

Murrayfield is the worst ground I've been to for watching football. Plus, getting there might have been better but that was with 18k well behaved fans.

Let's face it, there won't be a new stadium, as neither the SFA nor the Scottish Govt can afford it.

I personally don't give a feck what happans to Hampden post desertion; whether its kept on for athletics, concert arena or whatever, but I'm 100% of the view that it should not be our national stadium, for either semis, finals, or internationals. Horrible view, other than the south stand, it's not fit for purpose, location is pants etc etc

Being brutaly selfish here, AFC can score with this, as there will be loads of occasions that we can handle internationals where 20K will be the requirement; whether that Pittodrie or Kingsford. Yes, Celtic and Sevco will score as well (although I'm not certain that Ibrox would meet criteria, given it's current state)

So, a new stadium somewhere around Stirling would be ace but it's not happening, so lets just move the games around, to suit the requirement

Say we get the Tims in the Scottish Cup Final. All it would take would be for Milne to go on tv with a 50p and say he wants a coin toss for which end our fans go in. In the interests of fairness of course, at what is a completely neutral venue. Back the mhanks into a corner
    But there’s nothing inherently unfair about one team being given any particular end as long as the tickets are split 50/50. So milne would make himself look ridiculous by picking a pointless fight

Quote Originally Posted by redstarfk View Post
    But there’s nothing inherently unfair about one team being given any particular end as long as the tickets are split 50/50. So milne would make himself look ridiculous by picking a pointless fight
    Of course it’s unfair. If one team consistently gets its own end & dressing room in its own city, I just gets familiar to them, like a home game.

They already get every advantage going, why give them another? Plus it would get right on their tits & f*ck with their ‘traditions’. That can only be a good thing

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast