+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hampden

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Of course it’s unfair. If one team consistently gets its own end & dressing room in its own city, I just gets familiar to them, like a home game.

They already get every advantage going, why give them another? Plus it would get right on their tits & f*ck with their ‘traditions’. That can only be a good thing
    This. With bells on.
    F*ck the SFA & their implied bias & pandering to 2 teams.
    About time they were challenged on this.
    Sadly Milne has no balls & would never do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Let's face it, there won't be a new stadium, as neither the SFA nor the Scottish Govt can afford it.

I personally don't give a feck what happans to Hampden post desertion; whether its kept on for athletics, concert arena or whatever, but I'm 100% of the view that it should not be our national stadium, for either semis, finals, or internationals. Horrible view, other than the south stand, it's not fit for purpose, location is pants etc etc

Being brutaly selfish here, AFC can score with this, as there will be loads of occasions that we can handle internationals where 20K will be the requirement; whether that Pittodrie or Kingsford. Yes, Celtic and Sevco will score as well (although I'm not certain that Ibrox would meet criteria, given it's current state)

So, a new stadium somewhere around Stirling would be ace but it's not happening, so lets just move the games around, to suit the requirement
    Hard to disagree with any of that. Why we need Hampden in its current state and stature in Scottish football is beyond me. Glasgow doesn’t need 3 big football grounds and the quicker cup finals etc are relocated to another city the better. I know Murrayfield is not perfect but i would rather play a final there instead of Hampden.

Celtic & Rangers would still get their own ends at Parkhead & Ibrox. Choosing their own end at Hampden has to stop right enough & Aberdeen could stop it in an instant if we had any balls whatsoever

Milne doesn’t like upsetting them though & our management are probably fully behind it
    Why are our management probably fully behind it??

Ones a Tim & ones a Hun. Neither complained on previous visits there, on what would be a straightforward, easy request which would have the full backing of our support.

Ones a Tim & ones a Hun. Neither complained on previous visits there, on what would be a straightforward, easy request which would have the full backing of our support.
    Jeeezus give it a rest min,do you not bore yourself sometimes rambling on about our manager being a hun and now doc is a tim

You asked the question.

Blow Hampdung up and disband the SFA and do away with Scotland as an international team and let the scum from weegieland follow there true countries

Quote Originally Posted by redstarfk View Post
    But there’s nothing inherently unfair about one team being given any particular end as long as the tickets are split 50/50. So milne would make himself look ridiculous by picking a pointless fight
    Aye there is min. A tradition built around the two most powerful teams in the country and continued. Three teams over history who get to choose their end and choose their changing room. What kind of fairness is that. What kind of message does it send out to every other club that has played against any of the three teams at Hampden. Preferential treatment doesn't exist at any neutral cup venue in the world apart from ours. Its a mental advantage

Give it to the RAF for target practice and use Murrayfield instead.

Murrayfield is the best option but I still think the SFA will keep Hampden.

All the SFA are doing just now is putting pressure on Queens Park to lower the lease payments.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast