+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hampden

Why is Murrayfield the best option?

I'm no fan of Hampden as a stadium now that it's seated, but I'm for keeping it just so that we have a neutral venue.

What bothers me is that as well as giving them an excuse to shove more money the way of Celtic and Sevco for hosting games, the SFA and SPFL are also looking to relocate their offices. If we think it's bad enough now, imagine if the SFA were tenants of Sevco and being just along the corridor.

Wow what options we have - stuck between a sh*thole and a dump(s) ?

Hate Hampdung but no way do i want to give either scum additional revenue.

Murrayfield is the better stadium but it's not right for football

No way will the SFA pay for a new stadium - they cannot afford one and the government will not pay for it.

Hampdump..........New stadium at Stirling would be a better idea but never gonna happen.
    The idea of using the other 2 so call big teams grounds in Glasgow is a non starter as we should not be actively giving them more money

Quote Originally Posted by Redmadders96 View Post
    Hampdump..........New stadium at Stirling would be a better idea but never gonna happen.
    The idea of using the other 2 so call big teams grounds in Glasgow is a non starter as we should not be actively giving them more money
    Its one way the SFA can keep their beloved sevco afloat.

Dinna rule it out from those utter f@cking berks

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Why is Murrayfield the best option?
    Its the largest stadium in the country, its easier to travel to from Aberdeen and it doesn't have "proddy" and "kafflick" ends.

The SFA cant even fund a run at the manager they had announced they wanted to take over from GS so what chance of a new stadium.
    Gotta admit......Murrayfield is a good shout but I fear the SFA will plough cash in the Sevco which is corrupt and wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Aye there is min. A tradition built around the two most powerful teams in the country and continued. Three teams over history who get to choose their end and choose their changing room. What kind of fairness is that. What kind of message does it send out to every other club that has played against any of the three teams at Hampden. Preferential treatment doesn't exist at any neutral cup venue in the world apart from ours. Its a mental advantage
    They dinna get to choose their dressing rooms I dinna think.
    The "ends" thing dates back to the days when Der h*n was arriving fae the South West of the Weeg and the JJs were coming fae the East..... .. shouldnae be a thing now at all, the only difference as I recall is there's a bookie in the Mt Florida end but nae in the Torryglen end.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    They dinna get to choose their dressing rooms I dinna think.
    The "ends" thing dates back to the days when Der h*n was arriving fae the South West of the Weeg and the JJs were coming fae the East..... .. shouldnae be a thing now at all, the only difference as I recall is there's a bookie in the Mt Florida end but nae in the Torryglen end.
    If you ever go on the Stadium Tour of Hampden the tour guide tells you all about it being the scum and the victims ends its a shambles and will never change ever

It's not that much quicker from Aberdeen to Edinburgh and I wouldn't go on the Hearts game as an example. There would be a much, much larger Partizan crowds if we were in a final with someone like Sevco. If folk are complaining about travelling then we are ****ed when it comes to our new stadium.

Anyway, I don't believe anyone like being at Murrayfield for the hearts game.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast