+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brighton up next

Brighton up next

We could do with a result like this one. Just put this on You Tube. 1989/90.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im0U...43y3qbk0h00410

Going to be a tough one... they are playing well tonight in t'cup...

Quote Originally Posted by goodlordmurphy View Post
    Going to be a tough one... they are playing well tonight in t'cup...
    We will struggle against anyone in the premier with our forward line, if only we had
    2 decent goal scorers we wouldn't be in this predicament .

Ap and others are saying we need to get 7 wins.
    Problem is that realistically I can only see us with 6 fixture that we COULD potentially get a win . And they include the likes of Leicester and Southampton at Home?
    MUST win

Quote Originally Posted by wbaliquidator View Post
    Ap and others are saying we need to get 7 wins.
    Problem is that realistically I can only see us with 6 fixture that we COULD potentially get a win . And they include the likes of Leicester and Southampton at Home?
    MUST win
    It's a tuff call we could do it , personally I think we have left our self to much to do & we're going to go down ,

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny on the spot 1 View Post
    It's a tuff call we could do it , personally I think we have left our self to much to do & we're going to go down ,
    We have left ourselves a lot to do, but...

One thing I will say about this season is that I think less than 40 points is probably enough, maybe 37 or 38ish could see us stay up.

16 points on the board now,
    6 wins and 3/4 draws or
    5 wins and 6/7 draws

I think the Pepe Mel season we only won 7 games all season and finished on 37 points. The number of draws kept us up that year (I stand corrected if I'm wrong)

We still have Brighton, Huddersfield, Swansea, Southampton and Burnley to come to the Hawthorns. We probably need to win 3 or 4 out of those 5 and get a win or two away from home at places like Everton, Newcastle or Watford.

Still do-able, but Brighton is probably the biggest 'must-win' game I can remember for years.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post

One thing I will say about this season is that I think less than 40 points is probably enough, maybe 37 or 38ish could see us stay up.

6 wins and 3/4 draws or
    5 wins and 6/7 draws

I think the Pepe Mel season we only won 7 games all season and finished on 37 points. The number of draws kept us up that year (I stand corrected if I'm wrong)

We still have Brighton, Huddersfield, Swansea, Southampton and Burnley to come to the Hawthorns. We probably need to win 3 or 4 out of those 5 and get a win or two away from home at places like Everton, Newcastle or Watford.

Still do-able, but Brighton is probably the biggest 'must-win' game I can remember for years.

You are not wrong there! Beat Brighton then anything can happen. Less than 3 points at home to them and we are doomed! Will the players sweat blood to almost kill themselves? Will Lai get out of his rice field and cheer the team on like other passionate owners?

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post

6 wins and 3/4 draws or
    5 wins and 6/7 draws

Agreed 123!

It's funny how you look at past performance to see if we can get out the c rap, I was looking at the great escape season results and they are quite similar, but now we need wins badly and the brighton is massive.

I went to the reverse fixture and we were terrible against a team who hadn't scored at all at that stage.

That game was the catalyst of our demise so hopefully we can kick start a revival.

I had hoped that we would have some deals lined up as soon as the window opened, but then remembered we are wba fc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)