+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Hecky to Forest

Hecky to Forest

Thing that annoys me in these situations is a short statement to confirm his commitment to BFC and he’s no interest in the job would put the rumours to bed. The usual silence from the club and Heckys vague answers only add fuel to the fire .
    Always the same

Hecky either pushing for an improved contract or he’s going

I totally agree - I said this last time around with Sunderland. I allegedly think with the Sunderland job there was alot of eyelash fluttering and it stumbled on terms. Bookmakers very rarely get it wrong - I know people mention thats another 50p gone on etc but at 1/3, 1/4 and 1/5 it is with some foundation - Bookmakers have a livelihood and business to protect so why offer anything other than what they feel is a true market value of the likely outcome? People are forgetting its a business to them with no emotional attachment, we are simply not privvy to the calls/covert meetings that are going off potentially in the background. Bookmakers have ears to the ground all over the shop for the reasons mentioned previously. To put it in perspective Johnson was 1/3 at worst before he hotfooted it down to Bristol

I think Hecky was going to Sunderland until he was told there was no money

Things are going stale a bit here now , bigger club , quite close , some money to spend and not facing relegation like Sunderland and you can see why he’s take it at Forest

I thought he'd been offered a new contract so my opinion is if he's not happy with it move on its not rocket science and put an end to all this speculation the longer it carries on it makes it worse for the club I'm not bothered either way

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    I think Hecky was going to Sunderland until he was told there was no money

Things are going stale a bit here now , bigger club , quite close , some money to spend and not facing relegation like Sunderland and you can see why he’s take it at Forest
    Like with players it can come down to money - I genuinely think he's an ambitious bloke whos ambitions for the club cant be matched in the transfer market / players wages department - but I fully accept the clubs stance as we have to be prudent and not be left where we were around 15 years ago - trying to basically raffle off a clapped out Jag in the ponte end - the only raffle I've known where people were desparate not to win but wanted to throw some money into the coffers.

The big test would be (If he does leave) can he deal with fans' reactions without the odd teddy throwing exhibition when an inept display has been watched by twice as many fans? If he thought the pressure was bad on the winless run we recently experienced (And with no call for his head on a plate from fans) how would he cope with fans' reaction to just half of that sequence as the pressure will be huge from day 1.

It will be a shame if he leaves as I am keen to see what he can do with a - relatively speaking- decent budget. I don't think many fans would have any beef with PH if he did leave

But as I mentioned in an earlier thread Paul Hurst or Dave Challinor would be top contenders. No one is irreplaceable.

Nigel Clough or Gus poyet got experience at this level

I think it's worth noting that Patrick Cryne is no longer involved at the club and that link as now gone .

Given Patrick's illness I think Hecky would have found it difficult to leave while Patrick still owned the club .

He gave him his chance to step up to the first team , 2 Wembley's and promotion , shared some good moments together , clearly a bond between the two of them .

I'm expecting Hecky to leave , just a gut feeling , don't think everything is hunky dory down there and I believe the way we recruit could be the reason .

Hope I'm wrong .

He's doing what anyone else would do; hedging his bets for the financial benefit of himself and his family.
    He's struggling with this side and has proven himself capable of great things when armed with players of a better quality.
    He'll continue to send out the same comments that tell us nothing until he's either gone or got a better deal at Oakwell.
    I wouldn't blame him if he went to Forest, I'd thank him for his hard work and commitment to our football club and wish him well.

There's no lock on the gate, if Forest want him I think he'll go,

If he goes this takeover team /new owner will show if they mean business or just same old barnsley fc with the new appointment of the manager and if he stays the transfer window. I am not expecting multi million pound transfers but a few championship quality players would be nice to see

Former Middlesbrough boss Aitor Karanka on the verge of landing the vacant Nottingham Forest manager’s job.