+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ros Mac......Bring him back surely!

Exiled, that is why I wrote on the other hand because I know it isn't black and white, there are 50 shades of grey in there. However, you don't publicly ridicule a player like he did unless you know 100 percent that he will respond in the right way. He knew McCormack for about 3 weeks before calling him out. Evidently Ross doesn't have a good sense of humour about it and instead of quietly getting to the bottom of what happened and trying to move him in January or in the summer at a slight loss he will now lose him for a big fat zero like we did with £18-24 million Bent.

I’m far from SBs biggest fan mate, but I really don’t think he did much wrong in this case. RMC let SB, Dr X, his teammates and us fans down by being unprofessional with his timekeeping, conditioning, performances and lifestyle.
    Has it been the timekeeping, conditioning, performances and lifestyle to be reasonably expected from a 12m, 60 grand a week for 5 years player??? Surely not.
    He’s p1ssed on our chips for too long.
    Again, what a waste.

I think he screwed up EV. We didn't need to know about his behaviour. It should have been dealt with behind the scenes. If he couldn't sort it then sell him. Think there wouldn't have been clubs lining up to buy him for 8-9 million? A loss to the club, yes, but more tolerable than the 11-12 million loss we are now facing especially in a league apparently so harsh on clubs not balancing their books.

Bruce is a hard nosed football player that can probably coach, but he is not a smart businessman and that is why I believe he is not a good manager.

You most likely right Statesie, SB could’ve denied RMCs gatagate claims and his fitness levels. But when the press small a rat they’re all over it. There were stories going about the place regarding drink, marital and mental health problems. SB just tried a lighthearted reply to a journo about the gates, the lesser of 100 evils for RMC. No mention about the crux of the issue, RMCs lifestyle and private life affecting his ability to work.
    In Oz, all RMCs problems are a lifetime away, as soon as ne returns, then so will his problems. He should seek help, I’m sure 60 grand a week would cover the very best that therapy has to offer. Forget football and look after his children and his health.
    So I’m afraid in answer to the O.P, my answer is an emphatic NO.
    With regards our investment? Mental illness is an injury, a sickness and should be treated the same as any physical injury. Insurance covers careers ended by injury and if RMC wishes to return to these shores then he should consider his family and his own wellbeing, and retire due to mental illness and seek help.
    Harsh??? Not when you truly recognise the destruction that mental illness causes.
    I have suffered in the past so I quit my job 15 years ago and retrained, re-educated and have never looked back. My family and my mental wellbeing are more important than huge financial gain.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)