+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: FAC3 Forest vs Arsenal predictions...

Quote Originally Posted by nottsco2002 View Post
    Its a very slim chance but I really hope we do get Forest at the City Ground in the 4th round. Would be a bumper pay day, Would probably attract the T.V cameras to broadcast internationally and all the pressure would be on them, wheras today it was on Arsenal. One has to be financially pragmatic now.
    It would be superb if the draw pits us against each other, but if so, I would hope it's at Meadow Lane...

I would love to get Forest in the next round , great pay day and nothing to lose ( only pride ) but we won't , them lucky f00KERS always dip in. Loved my lad tonight ,jumping up, cheering for Arsenal ( ish team ) "ref, oh come on " , wanted bragging rights when he goes back to school tomorrow , gotta a true Magpie on my hands there.

That was basically a Checkatrade Cup tie, big teams entering with their reserves.

I'm glad we're still in it because it is the best way to make a fast buck at our level, but as a meaningful competition it died two decades ago.

Credit where credit is due. Forest took the game to them and well done! Arsenal still had 360 international caps and 600 First team appearances in their starting line up so not exactly a 'C team' as some are saying. I know it hurts but it's ok to say 'well done.....

Quote Originally Posted by rorylee View Post
    Credit where credit is due. Forest took the game to them and well done! Arsenal still had 360 international caps and 600 First team appearances in their starting line up so not exactly a 'C team' as some are saying. I know it hurts but it's ok to say 'well done.....
    Well done Forest .

Can't I feel sorry for Wenger or give an excuse than Forest were lucky - they weren't - Arsenal were just cr@p. Robbie Savage was right when he said ...err... I forgot what he said, but he was right.

I guess Mr Hardy is well p**ssed off with that result....talk about stealing our thunder

Bet Radio Red Match Talk will be a bundle of fun tomorrow night NOT.. Count me out of that one thanks, it will be back to winning the European Champions Cup in five years again, and all that bull shyte.

But I guess its good all three Nottinghamshire team we be in the hat for the draw tomorrow...

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    That was basically a Checkatrade Cup tie, big teams entering with their reserves.

I'm glad we're still in it because it is the best way to make a fast buck at our level, but as a meaningful competition it died two decades ago.
    Not sure I agree with you there, UTM. It's taken a while but Prem teams realise that top spot is limited to any 1 of 4 so the rest set their sights on Wembley as the only alternative. And, after all, even though one team is likely to be Man City, there is another place in the final. The money is pretty good even for the Evertons and Leicesters of this world.

Got to say I witnessed a good display from them today
    Last edited by Steward; 07-01-2018 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Fair play to plucky Forest, I hope we get em in the next round. Knock them out and then get a big club in the 5th.
    That's the spirit!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast