+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: FAC3 Forest vs Arsenal predictions...

Quote Originally Posted by dam617 View Post
    Maybe we could get a whole thread dedicated to us by fans of a team who have nothing to do with the game?
    That would Trump a 16 page special or a bus parade.................... erm.........
    That's ok, we're football purists on here as you know so we like to follow football in general, including Premier League teams and struggling, chaotic Championship teams.

You could argue we beat a weak Brentford team as Charlie Slater was saying they made 8 changes as well.

Fair play to Forest they destroyed Arsenal and 4-2 was the least they deserved Arsenal only had two shots at goal they were awful and Wenger was to blame he put too many young kids in at one go had zero experience in the midfield and he paid the price for it.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    NOT because the FA Cup is without its attractions.

I think it's very telling that over the last twenty years, only two teams other than Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea and Man City have won it, basically because their reserves are so very much stronger than everybody else's reserves.

Contrast 1997-2017 with the twenty year period from 1970-1990 when you had 2nd tier Sunderland, West Ham and Southampton all winning it, plus Ipswich, Wimbledon, Coventry as well as a greater pool of top clubs: Leeds, Spurs, Everton as well as the usual big names etched onto the trophy as well as onto the memory of football fans who didn't even support the winning teams. Iconic moments that everybody who watched football in those days can remember.... the Jim Montgomery save, Tommy Docherty with the trophy lid on his head, the Ipswich player who had to be subbed after scoring the winner because he was so overcome, Alan Sunderland's last second winner, Shankly on the bench conducting the play with that side ot side hand movement, Charlie George falling to the ground after scoring for Arsenal etc. etc.

I'd actually forgotten that Wigan had won it a few years ago until I looked at the honours list just now, I have no memory of the game whatsoever, I have no memory of any final since Des Walker score an own goal. I dare say Man Utd and Chelsea fans would struggle to recall their own FA Cup wins of recent years. Why would they? It's either a consolation prize for those unable to win the Premier or Champions League that particular season or it becomes the poor relation of a double or treble. Who really cares now if a team wins the league and cup double? We all know Spurs 61, Arsenal 71 and Liverpool 86 did it. Man U must have done it since, more than once? Have Chelsea done it. City?. I've no idea.

I think we should make 7th January florist day and have a street parade in rushcliffe with everyone dressed as a red and white Ronald McDonald and all the 500000 florist fans that were there ,yes 5000000 and you don't believe they were all there just ask their mates coz they were there too .Guy Ritchie will want the film rights Barry Manilla is already on standby to play Arsen Wenger ! Any ideas who could play other main characters ?

Manillo oops

Manilo oh bugger ya know who I mean lol

BREAKING: The BBC understands that Aitor Karanka has accepted an offer to become the new manager of Nottingham Forest.

Now what does 'Karanka' rhyme with? Let me have a think about that.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    BREAKING: The BBC understands that Aitor Karanka has accepted an offer to become the new manager of Nottingham Forest.

Now what does 'Karanka' rhyme with? Let me have a think about that.
    Now then, let’s not have any of those jokes.

Not until he’s said Grates and Yant can stop anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Now then, let’s not have any of those jokes.

Not until he’s said Grates and Yant can stop anyway.
    I'd like to think that clubs stick to their word. If they are there on a season long loan then it wouldn't matter if Grant scored 50, he'd stay with County.

If I was a red,i'd be happy with that appointment,considering some that were front runners for the job, were actually in a worse league position than them

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast