+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No wonder Dyche was apoplexic!

No wonder Dyche was apoplexic!

Would we have been allowed to get away with it? A moot point.

And it leaves us all wondering how the game would have panned out if they hadn't scored then.

Very similar feeling to the dodgy penalty they got in the league match to give them the lead.

It’s within the rules to do what they did. Sean seemed to think if a defender was within 10 yards they couldn’t take it. Here’s a refs interpretation

“With a free-kick around the penalty area, we always ask the players whether they want it quick or slow.
    This is their window of opportunity to surprise the defence. If they want it quick, then they have given up the right to re-take it, no matter if it hits a defender who's three yards away.
    The same goes if they kick it over the bar. They only get one chance.

The flip side is if they want it slow, they can't then take it while I count out the ten yards for the wall.”

If a card is shown then they have to wait for the refs signal - that seems to give the fouler an advantage to me.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/assets.ngin....essment_12.pdf

For me I thought Barnes got the ball before the player and it wasn’t a foul, and Gundogan didn’t take a quick free kick ie almost immediately so in my view he can’t have said quick if asked and it should have been taken as a slow one. The rule defining what is a quick fk needs reiteration as it has to be taken as soon as the ball is placed and all refs must act consistently to ask for the teams choice and implement it. I suspect the ref never asked.

But the fouled side are allowed the advantage it seems. Thiery Henry did something similar years ago while the wall was being formed and beat Cech easily and Graham Poll allowed it.
    Last edited by oldcolner; 07-01-2018 at 02:21 PM.

S.D post match, first 30sec is an ad...can be skipped.

I care nothing for this Cup - but I've seen the highlights....the first goal, quickly taken free kick. I saw the ref had his arm up pointing to Westwood to move back - and only lowered it just as the ball was played to Aguero. Hardly any but Aguero seemed to be ready, City players were slowly getting into position...and I guess it could be said that we couldn't properly position ourselves until we had some had an idea of where the City players were going.....so we were waiting for them, but the big danger man was ready and contentious as it is, I think we shouldn't have fell so completely to their speed - and that someone should have been on it, and on him.

BBC showed a slow mo of Aguero adopting an on your marks stance and giving Gundogan the eye to take it and setting off, so there was no chance anyone would catch him. Pope tried but his legs out tactic failed.
    Our defensive line was skewed by Long I think or he could have been offside.
    Anyway I’m not bothered about a cup run, we need to get back on track for Woys Palace and get a win. Hopefully we will get City on the run at the Turf and be wise to their antics.

Worryingly That’s another 4 we have conceded post Xmas so almost as many as in our first 18 games. Something needs fixing .... or maybe we have been sussed
    Last edited by oldcolner; 07-01-2018 at 03:01 PM.

We did play Manchester City with the best forward line in the premier league and well up there in world ranking terms as well in terms of conceeding four goals and then had to chase the game!!!!!

Fair comment - we won the first 55 mins and had the FK not worked I wonder ....
    That’s the second game in a row where a midfield fk has done us.

Third one OC - don't forget Man Utd's late equaliser.

Sorry I have really tried to let this go but I cant - its "apoplectic"

Unless Dyche was so raging and unable to spell as a result then he might be apoplexic. I'm just here to help. x

SD was "apoplectic" too!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)