+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: At Last !!!

At Last !!!

"Theresa May to appoint a 'Cabinet minister for no deal Brexit' in reshuffle"

Christopher Hope, Chief Political Correspondent
    7 January 2018 • 9:30pm

A Cabinet minister for no deal” is to be appointed by Theresa May as part of the reshuffle of her top team which begins on Monday, the Telegraph can reveal.
    The new minister is likely to be based in the Department for Exiting the European Union alongside David Davis, the Brexit Secretary, to provide regular updates on preparations for leaving the EU without a trade deal. They would attend Cabinet and control a significant budget, but would not be a Secretary of State.
    The appointment will be seen as an attempt by the Prime Minister to demonstrate to her EU counterparts and to Brexiteers that Britain is serious about leaving the EU without a deal if talks fail.

About bloody time, that should concentrate the minds of the EU w@nkers, and send the traitorous Remain w@nkers in this country into meltdown. Good !!!

As long as it's not smoke and Mirrors, I wouldn't trust May and her party for a blink of the eye Sinkov.

If I were you Sinkov I would ask the question, "Why has it taken 18 months for this to happen"?

It is the Governments duty to plan for all eventualities - including a no deal scenario. They obviously haven't been doing this and should be castigated.

Whether they need a special Minister for the job is another matter. It smacks of May appearing to play tough to her back benchers to me.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    It is the Governments duty to plan for all eventualities.

Do you disagree Alto?

Or should they continue to make it up as they go along?

If I were you Sinkov I would ask the question, "Why has it taken 18 months for this to happen"?

It is the Governments duty to plan for all eventualities - including a no deal scenario. They obviously haven't been doing this and should be castigated.

Whether they need a special Minister for the job is another matter. It smacks of May appearing to play tough to her back benchers to me.
    As far more jobs in the EU are dependent on trading with us than the other way round, what preparations do you think the EU smart-arses have made for no deal ?

I am certain that they will have done their homework Sinkov.

No way will they be as negligent as our lot.

I am certain that they will have done their homework Sinkov.

No way will they be as negligent as our lot.
    May has set out our aims in two separate speeches 59/60, I think the last one was in Florence, you must have missed both of them, never mind. The really catastrophic negligence was before the referendum, when the arrogant, complacent Remain side never imagined for one second that they could lose, and had made no plans whatsoever for that eventuality.

Do you disagree Alto?
    Not at all 59_60, it is indeed the Governments duty to plan for all eventualities, but they rarely do.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    Not at all 59_60, it is indeed the Governments duty to plan for all eventualities, but they rarely do.
    That's a bit unfair Alto, they seem to do little else but make plans, problem is most of them seem to have been lifted straight out of the Baldrick Book of Cunning Plans, and have about as much chance of ever succeeding.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)