+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Barry Taylor retires from the Board

Barry Taylor retires from the Board

Barry Taylor retires from the board after 34 years of loyal service to Barnsley Football Club.

The 76-year-old who has held his post on the Board of Directors at Oakwell for 34 years, has now retired from his role with the best wishes and thanks from everyone at the Club.

Joining in the year of 1984, Mr. Taylor has served his hometown Club through different ownerships and league divisions, becoming a senior figurehead for the Reds by attending important meetings whilst regularly having contact with fans along the way.

As well as working hard on the board with the Reds, Mr. Taylor has held a senior figure role at the FA, travelling all over the world with different tiers of the England squads, representing his nation as a Senior Ambassador and in 2011 was elected as Vice President of the Football Association.

Speaking exclusively to barnsleyfc.co.uk, Mr. Taylor wanted to thank all of the players, managers and staff he has worked with throughout the years, as well as the constant support from fans who have consistently held him in a high regard.

He said: “I feel privileged and honoured to have served this great Town, its fans and its Football Club for such a number of years. I am from Barnsley so it has been a great part of my life and will continue to be, but the Club is moving forward now with different people and I feel it was the right time to depart the board.

“I made a promise to Mr Patrick Cryne that when the Club was sold I would step down and I have kept my promise. I’ll still be regularly around the Club, attending games as much as possible and visiting friends as we look to embark and continue on what is a really exciting journey. I remember many fond times whilst supporting the Club.

“I would like to thank a huge number of people who have been a constant help and played a supportive role to me and I will aim to do that, but most of all and as always I must thank the supporters of this great Club who continue to back us both on and off the pitch. This is now an exceedingly exciting time to be a Barnsley fan and we must enjoy this new chapter together. You Reds!”

Good on ya Baz.
    A few of us ev tekken the p1ss ovva the years but thi hearts bin in reyt place.
    Who is gooina put biscuits art nar ? A carnt see Big Chien and Big Dick or their mates doing it. Ms Hung meks a lovely upside down cake and may bring some along.

Any of our don't get a game midfielders

Breaking news mc vities just laid 100 staff off.

Like 😁

Well dun Bazza , enjoy thi retirement , av earrd iz eddiz biscuit barrel purrin trophy cabinet , wuth moor thanna faberge egg
    wunda iffiz tekkun his bidet weeim

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Well dun Bazza , enjoy thi retirement , av earrd iz eddiz biscuit barrel purrin trophy cabinet , wuth moor thanna faberge egg
    wunda iffiz tekkun his bidet weeim
    Is that GG’s Mate? Messeur Bidet?