+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OT ~ Computer freezing issues

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Flucking hell, am I the only one that sees this post as being written in a foreign language?
    You will learn the new language once your computer is completely ****ed up.....Pie Scribe will explain it to you....I am off to collect my Cycling Proficiency badge......it might be a woodworking badge though, I am pissed, so I cannot recall the full details, as far as I know....I might be cycling home on a wooden bike?

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    You will learn the new language once your computer is completely ****ed up.....Pie Scribe will explain it to you....I am off to collect my Cycling Proficiency badge......it might be a woodworking badge though, I am pissed, so I cannot recall the full details, as far as I know....I might be cycling home on a wooden bike?
    My computer has an 'on' button, a keyboard and a mouse which I know how to use. The rest of it remains a complete mystery to me. I would love to have the knowledge that Pie_Scribe obviously has, but it's just too boring to learn.

system restore? take the pc back to when it was working fine, just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by marshall55 View Post
    system restore? take the pc back to when it was working fine, just a thought.
    I have done, post 1 paragraph 2....BUT the critical update will continue to try to download itself ie it will sit in a queue waiting for your next restart, unless you "pause" it for 35 days or use Gumpys method of "deleting updates"

I had a message "update available resrart laptop now yes or no" I chose no, nothing else since

Quote Originally Posted by Steward View Post
    I had a message "update available resrart laptop now yes or no" I chose no, nothing else since
    I think it depends which version of Windows you are using.....I remember on XP and 7, that they used to offer you a list of updates with a brief explanation plus a yes~no button.......with Windows 10 that option was removed, now they sit in a queue waiting for you to "restart".....strangely enough, simply "closing down" your computer via the "start" menu does NOT trigger a full shutdown and restart ie your queue of updates stays where they were......the problem with using this method is that you might really miss something critical......sorry to bore everyone

Here is the latest "news" on the problem

The Redmond giant confirmed that the update also brings issues of its own — three of them to be more precise. However, recent user reports confirmed that KB4056892 causes more problems than initially acknowledged by Microsoft.

So, the question is: will you still install KB4056892 and patch those CPU security vulnerabilities knowing that the update may break your PC?

http://windowsreport.com/kb4056892-issues/

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    I think it depends which version of Windows you are using.....I remember on XP and 7, that they used to offer you a list of updates with a brief explanation plus a yes~no button.......with Windows 10 that option was removed, now they sit in a queue waiting for you to "restart".....strangely enough, simply "closing down" your computer via the "start" menu does NOT trigger a full shutdown and restart ie your queue of updates stays where they were......the problem with using this method is that you might really miss something critical......sorry to bore everyone

Here is the latest "news" on the problem

The Redmond giant confirmed that the update also brings issues of its own — three of them to be more precise. However, recent user reports confirmed that KB4056892 causes more problems than initially acknowledged by Microsoft.

So, the question is: will you still install KB4056892 and patch those CPU security vulnerabilities knowing that the update may break your PC?

http://windowsreport.com/kb4056892-issues/
    It looks like MS have finally realised their "mistake"......I found this announcement on their helpdesk

Microsoft has reports of customers with some AMD devices getting into an unbootable state after installing recent Windows operating system security updates. After investigating, Microsoft has determined that some AMD chipsets do not conform to the documentation previously provided to Microsoft to develop the Windows operating system mitigations to protect against the chipset vulnerabilities known as Spectre and Meltdown. To prevent AMD customers from getting into an unbootable state, Microsoft will temporarily pause sending the following Windows operating system updates to devices with impacted AMD processors at this time:

So the question is, do I turn my updates back on or leave them "paused"?.....mmmmm
    Last edited by tarquinbeech; 09-01-2018 at 02:38 PM.

Leave them on Tarkers, if it happens again, switch them off and stop resting the ice cold beers on your lappy, that could be responsible for the computer freezing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12