+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FA cup round 4

[QUOTE=Q165;38756355]I was at Maine Road. Pis sed down all night. Odd game. Went 1-0 up but they gradually took control. 1-1 at half time and I was pessimistic. But they were a totally different team in the second half and we deserved to win[/QU
    Was you on the Kippax side stand.

2 great memories from that night.

Johnny Kaye with his head bandaged winning everything in the air against Tony Hately one of the best headers of a football and the Albion fans who despite travelling much further for the night match than the scousers seemed more numerous and definitely louder.

Lost my voice for 2 days after.

[QUOTE=soulman101;38756577]
    Quote Originally Posted by Q165 View Post
    I was at Maine Road. Pis sed down all night. Odd game. Went 1-0 up but they gradually took control. 1-1 at half time and I was pessimistic. But they were a totally different team in the second half and we deserved to win[/QU
    Was you on the Kippax side stand.
    Yep.

Maine Rd 2nd replay:
    Our coach pulled up at k.o. time, and we were opposite the Kippax. After the game we tramped the streets but couldn't find the coach. Bummed a lift off a Bromsgrove coach which dropped us off in Northfield miles from anywhere. Walked into Town, got a taxi home. In bed for 3am.

I was on the Kippax. Got a lit cigarette down my neck and my glasses bust. What a fantastic night it was though.

My mate and I (16) got talking to a really friendly Man City fan who had come out of interest. At HT it was 1-1 with Liverpool coming more and more into the game. I remember chatting to him and asking how he thought it would go. He was really apologetic when he said Liverpool would go on and win but I had to agree with him.

No problems with the coach. I recall walking along a near deserted Colmore Row at some ungodly hour. I don't know what time I got home but I went to school the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    In 68 we had Liverpool,drawed at home,replay at Anfield draw beat them at Maine rd ,missed the ist 10 minutes grid lock.
    Want Southampton in the next round, COYB
    I admire your ‘glass half full’ attitude Soulman but in 68 we had Bomber and Astle. Now we got HRK and Rondon.☹️

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)