+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Notts after 2 players

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    In which case hopefully Mr Hardy will keep his gob shut in future rather than giving Ray Trew type 'This is what we could have won' bullsh!t. Tell us when the ink is dry on the contract Alan, until then devote your energy to getting the deal done.
    Harsh ... but fair!

Football fans don't need any help to generate excessively lofty expectations when it comes to transfer targets or where the club might end up in the league, and if club chairmen tend to indulge or reinforce that hype, they get the blame (for lack of "ambition") when those dreams don't materialise. Much better to under promise and over achieve!

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    This in an independent site, it's not like people are stalking him on his Twitter account. Well, they are, but not the 'gentlemen' on here. I think it's a fair point that he shouldn't have mentioned the 'international superstar' when we had no hope of signing him. No-one expects that kind of signing anyway.
    He never mentioned an 'international superstar'.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    He never mentioned an 'international superstar'.
    Questionable. The 'International Superstar' bit was clearly the headline in the column Hardy (apparently) writes for the Red Rag, but not in the text. Did Hardy approve the complete article, or did the Red Rag sneak it in to try and sell a few more papers?

Chat on Twitter today that we’re after Ched Evans.

I'm pretty sure Hardy first mentioned the "international superstar" in an interview for Radio Nottingham but in the very same breath he stated that we couldn't possibly afford his wages, so it was not a case of raising supporters hopes in that respect, just that we're now beginning to show up on the radar of agents with higher profile clients.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Don't you think this was worth mentioning then? It wasn't as if AH had made any attempt to lure him to Notts. We never had ANY hope of signing someone we hadn't even thought about - his agent came to us, remember? If this news had surfaced in the press could you imagine the stick he would have got on NM for saying nowt.
    I'm not losing any sleep over it either way, I just agreed with Elite's post and I don't see why views should be censored by the board's self appointed liberal. I like Hardy, he's a great marketeer but he does sometimes get ahead of himself.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Chat on Twitter today that we’re after Ched Evans.
    Now that would be a decent signing indeed

Would Ched Evans be a good signing? 5 goals in 32 appearances since being released from prison suggests not. If he finds the form he had prior to his stint inside then fine. Is that not a risk and a potentially expensive one?

Evans is a scumbag !

Quote Originally Posted by Hysongreenpie View Post
    Evans is a scumbag !
    Arguably nowhere near as bad as Lee Hughes...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast