+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Notts after 2 players

Notts after 2 players

Was at the cup draw tonight at Meadow Lane, and AH had a small Q&A. When asked about transfers, he said we were in talks with 2 players with a look to bringing them in on loan.

As for the ‘international’, we were interested but wage demands couldn’t be met.

Quote Originally Posted by kings1 View Post
    As for the ‘international’, we were interested but wage demands couldn’t be met.
    In which case hopefully Mr Hardy will keep his gob shut in future rather than giving Ray Trew type 'This is what we could have won' bullsh!t. Tell us when the ink is dry on the contract Alan, until then devote your energy to getting the deal done.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    In which case hopefully Mr Hardy will keep his gob shut in future rather than giving Ray Trew type 'This is what we could have won' bullsh!t. Tell us when the ink is dry on the contract Alan, until then devote your energy to getting the deal done.
    I agree but you always feel Hardy is a damn site more realistic in what he feels is achievable and how far he, as our chairman can take us.

Spot on EP every transfer window it's the same... let us know when the name is on the back of the bloody shirt.....

I think AH was pointing out the kind of players/agents that now want to play for Notts, rather than ‘we’re after such n such a super star’. Compared that to a year ago when players were reportedly driving past ML to sign elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I think AH was pointing out the kind of players/agents that now want to play for Notts, rather than ‘we’re after such n such a super star’. Compared that to a year ago when players were reportedly driving past ML to sign elsewhere.
    Maybe, but I'll only be impressed if and when it actually happens rather than getting excited over rumours and speculation. Hardy telling people that he 'literally fell off his chair' at the type of players who are desperate to sign for us may work for some, but not for me.

Despite the talk of a ‘marquee’ signing, I’d be very surprised if we paid a transfer fee or even got anyone in permanently.

Makes more sense to get loans in January I suppose, they won’t be recalled, and they give us more flexibility in the summer depending on which division we’re in.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    I agree but you always feel Hardy is a damn site more realistic in what he feels is achievable and how far he, as our chairman can take us.
    The statement he made about his limitations was, in my view, the best thing he has said/tweeted. Not because he has limitations but because he has been honest about such things.

Gets a lot of attention whether needed or not.
    Keep it going big al

Maybe, but I'll only be impressed if and when it actually happens rather than getting excited over rumours and speculation. Hardy telling people that he 'literally fell off his chair' at the type of players who are desperate to sign for us may work for some, but not for me.
    I think you need to learn to be a bit less excitable.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast