+ Visit Notts. County FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Notts after 2 players

Notts after 2 players

Was at the cup draw tonight at Meadow Lane, and AH had a small Q&A. When asked about transfers, he said we were in talks with 2 players with a look to bringing them in on loan.

As for the ‘international’, we were interested but wage demands couldn’t be met.

Quote Originally Posted by kings1 View Post
    As for the ‘international’, we were interested but wage demands couldn’t be met.
    In which case hopefully Mr Hardy will keep his gob shut in future rather than giving Ray Trew type 'This is what we could have won' bullsh!t. Tell us when the ink is dry on the contract Alan, until then devote your energy to getting the deal done.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    In which case hopefully Mr Hardy will keep his gob shut in future rather than giving Ray Trew type 'This is what we could have won' bullsh!t. Tell us when the ink is dry on the contract Alan, until then devote your energy to getting the deal done.
    I agree but you always feel Hardy is a damn site more realistic in what he feels is achievable and how far he, as our chairman can take us.

Spot on EP every transfer window it's the same... let us know when the name is on the back of the bloody shirt.....

I think AH was pointing out the kind of players/agents that now want to play for Notts, rather than ‘we’re after such n such a super star’. Compared that to a year ago when players were reportedly driving past ML to sign elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I think AH was pointing out the kind of players/agents that now want to play for Notts, rather than ‘we’re after such n such a super star’. Compared that to a year ago when players were reportedly driving past ML to sign elsewhere.
    Maybe, but I'll only be impressed if and when it actually happens rather than getting excited over rumours and speculation. Hardy telling people that he 'literally fell off his chair' at the type of players who are desperate to sign for us may work for some, but not for me.

Despite the talk of a ‘marquee’ signing, I’d be very surprised if we paid a transfer fee or even got anyone in permanently.

Makes more sense to get loans in January I suppose, they won’t be recalled, and they give us more flexibility in the summer depending on which division we’re in.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    I agree but you always feel Hardy is a damn site more realistic in what he feels is achievable and how far he, as our chairman can take us.
    The statement he made about his limitations was, in my view, the best thing he has said/tweeted. Not because he has limitations but because he has been honest about such things.

Gets a lot of attention whether needed or not.
    Keep it going big al

Maybe, but I'll only be impressed if and when it actually happens rather than getting excited over rumours and speculation. Hardy telling people that he 'literally fell off his chair' at the type of players who are desperate to sign for us may work for some, but not for me.
    I think you need to learn to be a bit less excitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Agreed. It was not a statement that we were after them.

Gentlemen, please give Mr Hardy space to breathe.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Gentlemen, please give Mr Hardy space to breathe.
    This in an independent site, it's not like people are stalking him on his Twitter account. Well, they are, but not the 'gentlemen' on here. I think it's a fair point that he shouldn't have mentioned the 'international superstar' when we had no hope of signing him. No-one expects that kind of signing anyway.

I would rather believe Alan Hardy when he says what he says in a small Q&A chat than the cotton wool fed to us by Ray Trew. He hasn't named names and he has told us why, but it does have the whiff of truth about it. He has curbed his excessive use of facebook and not used the meeja to proclaim his latest ideas for the club when he has no intentions of following them up. So many people complain when there is no news coming from Meadow Lane, they think silence means nothing is happening but these little snippets or hints of what is happening at the club, so long as they aren't outright fibs, are what keeps the fans interested and happy and is a lot better than silence, which is the alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    This in an independent site, it's not like people are stalking him on his Twitter account. Well, they are, but not the 'gentlemen' on here. I think it's a fair point that he shouldn't have mentioned the 'international superstar' when we had no hope of signing him. No-one expects that kind of signing anyway.
    Don't you think this was worth mentioning then? It wasn't as if AH had made any attempt to lure him to Notts. We never had ANY hope of signing someone we hadn't even thought about - his agent came to us, remember? If this news had surfaced in the press could you imagine the stick he would have got on NM for saying nowt.

I strongly suspect it to be a striker from Everton’s under 21 set up, with them bring illimenated the same as Notts it leaves their young un’s in need of development/game time, also with the strong link between Nolan & Allardyce I expect somebody like Bassala Sambou to be joining us.

David Henen is another there doing well

Quote Originally Posted by HAPPYMAGPIEHAPPY View Post
    I strongly suspect it to be a striker from Everton’s under 21 set up, with them bring illimenated the same as Notts it leaves their young un’s in need of development/game time, also with the strong link between Nolan & Allardyce I expect somebody like Bassala Sambou to be joining us.
    Illimenated? How imbarrassing!

Quote Originally Posted by bigfatpie View Post
    despite the talk of a ‘marquee’ signing, i’d be very surprised if we paid a transfer fee or even got anyone in permanently.

Makes more sense to get loans in january i suppose, they won’t be recalled, and they give us more flexibility in the summer depending on which division we’re in.
    this

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast