+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Building for the future

Building for the future

Or cutting costs?

I’ve heard today we have given up on signing Towell due to wage demands. Therefore we are going to leave it at the end of the season.
    What’s the point in that?

As usual, come the end of the season we will be scrambling around for an entire new team. We need to invest in our own players.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald_Valley View Post
    Or cutting costs?

I’ve heard today we have given up on signing Towell due to wage demands. Therefore we are going to leave it at the end of the season.
    What’s the point in that?

As usual, come the end of the season we will be scrambling around for an entire new team. We need to invest in our own players.
    May be we are waiting for his contract to run out, so we can pay him the better wages rarther than paying a fee for him!!, Tbh the **** people put on here is a joke. We are in a good position we don't need wholesale changes just 2 or 3 players. I would rarther be a mid to top end l1 club, than a top 3 club spending stupid money on players who poss may not make the grade in the championship anyway. Get a grip!!!! We are Rotherham United not Man United, we won't and can not pay stupid money and I like it that way!!

Maybe it's time to forget big money signings and big wages for a while and start spending on the infrastructure of the club and actually literally build for the future. We have a fine stadium, but our training and academy facilities etc are pathetic compared to all our south Yorkshire neighbours. We never sign our 'A' targets anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ThryberghMILLER23 View Post
    May be we are waiting for his contract to run out, so we can pay him the better wages rarther than paying a fee for him!!, Tbh the **** people put on here is a joke. We are in a good position we don't need wholesale changes just 2 or 3 players. I would rarther be a mid to top end l1 club, than a top 3 club spending stupid money on players who poss may not make the grade in the championship anyway. Get a grip!!!! We are Rotherham United not Man United, we won't and can not pay stupid money and I like it that way!!
    I think that's about right. Some people have short memories and can't recall what happens when the club lives way beyond its means.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post
    Maybe it's time to forget big money signings and big wages for a while and start spending on the infrastructure of the club and actually literally build for the future. We have a fine stadium, but our training and academy facilities etc are pathetic compared to all our south Yorkshire neighbours. We never sign our 'A' targets anyway.
    Bear in mind that training and academy facilties cost money and that the odds of producing a series of good sellable players is fairly low (if they weren't. every club would be doing it).

Quote Originally Posted by ThryberghMILLER23 View Post
    Where is the like button ?

Got to agree with this how many times do we get loans in train them up and someone else nab them.

Personally I’d love to meet the guy making these contracts up and slap him with one of frogs cold wet fishes.
    What’s wrong with the man/women you would never see this rubbish in any championship club.

Your gonna say well what can they do?

Bloody easy a right to buy clause attached to the contract. Of the loan that prevents them from selling to anyone else that season.

No I’m not shocked kieffer left us they all leave because we leave ourselves wide open.

It’s poor business and it’s not pleasant for us fans ether.

People can say Yates , ball, JCH are not good enough and you can have your opinions but the one thing they are, they are actual millers who if they want to go they can pay up for them.

It just ticks me off how we are being used as a training academy for Ipswich and Barnsley.

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Got to agree with this how many times do we get loans in train them up and someone else nab them.

Personally I’d love to meet the guy making these contracts up and slap him with one of frogs cold wet fishes.
    What’s wrong with the man/women you would never see this rubbish in any championship club.

Your gonna say well what can they do?

Bloody easy a right to buy clause attached to the contract. Of the loan that prevents them from selling to anyone else that season.

No I’m not shocked kieffer left us they all leave because we leave ourselves wide open.

It’s poor business and it’s not pleasant for us fans ether.

People can say Yates , ball, JCH are not good enough and you can have your opinions but the one thing they are, they are actual millers who if they want to go they can pay up for them.

It just ticks me off how we are being used as a training academy for Ipswich and Barnsley.
    The trick for you signing Moore was to have found him whilst he was at Forest Green , Ipswich paid £20k for him and a minimal wage most likely .

As soon as he started scoring regularly for yourselves on loan then his valuation was only going to go up and up .

We are all feeder clubs apart from Barcelona , Real Madrid and possibly Man City .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    The trick for you signing Moore was to have found him whilst he was at Forest Green , Ipswich paid £20k for him and a minimal wage most likely .

As soon as he started scoring regularly for yourselves on loan then his valuation was only going to go up and up .

We are all feeder clubs apart from Barcelona , Real Madrid and possibly Man City .
    Exactly right (except that Moore cost Ipswich £10k not £20k)

That is so true Animal.The trouble is we have no one at our club who is capable of doing that. maybe we should not bother signing anyone this transfer window but instead spend all our resources getting the ipswich guy who unearthed him.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast