+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ciftci to FP?

Ciftci to FP?

Report in Scottish Sun (yes, that stalwart of finest journalism) which states we are the next destination for Nadir Ciftci. Was good at United but Celtic + 3 loan clubs have yet to see him produce anything of note. Maybe we could be perfect for each other, maybe it would be an embarrassing disaster and maybe it’s just a 2 + 2 = 5 story.
    http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/spor...i-celtic-loan/

We don’t need a player like him coming in and distributing the dressing room. Yes he did well at United but his last four moves have been nothing short of pathetic on Ciftci’s part also suspect is level of fitness would leave a lot to be desired. Others on the other hand may say could he be any worse than Rose and Fisher?

Quote Originally Posted by texaco cup View Post
    We don’t need a player like him coming in and distributing the dressing room. Yes he did well at United but his last four moves have been nothing short of pathetic on Ciftci’s part also suspect is level of fitness would leave a lot to be desired. Others on the other hand may say could he be any worse than Rose and Fisher?
    Would be a gamble, to say the least of it! His most effective days were a while ago, and I wasn't taken with his attitude on the park when I saw him with United. On balance, I hope not.

I don't fancy him coming to join us at all. his disciplinary record is nothing short of shocking and as we aren't one of the city clubs, any misdemeanours would be heavily punished.

He's only 25 so there's nothing to stop him changing trajectory. United is the single club where he's really done well but if he's fit and if he's in the mood, he's a proven scorer at our level.

Those are two pretty big ifs though...and you can add that his attitude seems completely contrary to what Robinson was talking about previously regarding ensuring we had the right sort of character and harmony in the dressing room.

It's the kind of move that gets hailed as courageous if it works and if we finish in the bottom two everyone will point to it and giggle 'what the hell were they thinking!?!'.

According to the Sun again - Ciftci has joined Motherwell's squad in the Canary Islands as they take advantage of some warm weather training. They expect him to sign (till the end of the season)within the next 24 hours

Ciftci has signed until the end of the season. He could be a decent signing, but only if he screws the nut, buckles down and starts working again. We are known as a hard working side, something he certainly isn't. Hope it works out for both parties.

Quote Originally Posted by wellin View Post
    Ciftci has signed until the end of the season. He could be a decent signing, but only if he screws the nut, buckles down and starts working again. We are known as a hard working side, something he certainly isn't. Hope it works out for both parties.
    A bit 'iffy', but it's done, so I'll get behind him.
    The Canary Islands!! What's wrong with Saltcoats??

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)