+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will Kieffer be a successful at Barnsley?

[QUOTE=mellowmiller;38756854]Sour grapes from one or two because we didn't get him.
    I've said before that I don't think Kieffer is Championship standard at the moment and I wouldn't be surprised if Barnsley have him on the bench initially.
    However, I wish the big fella nothing but the best and hope he goes on to have a successful career in the higher division.
    I will follow his progress with interest.[/QUOTe

haha funny that mellow..

Mick McCarthy knows the time of day. If he thought he was good enough for a mid table championship club he would have kept him. He's gone to Barnsley for the money but he's gone to the wrong club. I wanted him here but lets use that money get 2 signings. A centre back & a big striker. Not kids or past there sell by date.

Big Mick didnt think he was good enough for the championship, neither did most of ipswich fans but then again they will have higher expectations than Barnsley fans. I can see him coming back on loan this time next year in Div1 but not with view to buying him cos we wont be able to afford his wages He could possibly help us up though.

However, good luck to him he gave us some great moments and is arguably a big reason why we probably wont be playing div 2 footy next season. Plus he's not playing for Bradford. Peterboro, scunny , Wigan or Charlton now so that was the next best scenario we could hope for.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 09-01-2018 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    Mick McCarthy knows the time of day. If he thought he was good enough for a mid table championship club he would have kept him. He's gone to Barnsley for the money but he's gone to the wrong club. I wanted him here but lets use that money get 2 signings. A centre back & a big striker. Not kids or past there sell by date.
    Mick McCarthy knows the time of day,if he thought he was good enough for a mid table Championship club he would have kept him,i know exactly where you are coming from,and that is the big doubt i also feel,if he proves everyone wrong then good luck to him,i personally wish him all the luck in the world,just my opinion,but i think we have missed out,although i appreciate finances were the big issue.

Definite no from me so he has done the right thing big time...pick up the money while it's there.

Good luck to the lad but we won't hear much about him from now.

There's little doubt he's a significant gamble , a gamble at a time when the squad whose average age is the youngest in english football are crying out for up to speed championship quality and experience .

I guess fans of Man Utd were confident they had signed the real deal with Di Maria , they were to be disappointed .

This is what we do , sign the talent that other club's don't see , it's worked enough to have us promoted and a bank account containing millions .

I have to trust the club on this , how can I not given our recent record ?

Would I have signed him myself ? , no I wouldn't have .

That said whilst the team runs out at Oakwell on saturday against Wolves I'll be on my first day of 4 x 12 hour shifts two miles away so what do I know .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 09-01-2018 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    There's little doubt he's a significant gamble , a gamble at a time when the squad whose average age is the youngest in english football are crying out for up to speed championship quality and experience .

I guess fans of Man Utd were confident they had signed the real deal with Di Maria , they were to be disappointed .

This is what we do , sign the talent that other club's don't see , it's worked enough to have us promoted and a bank account containing millions .

I have to trust the club on this , how can I not given our recent record ?

Would I have signed him myself ? , no I wouldn't have .

That said whilst the team runs out at Oakwell on saturday against Wolves I'll be on my first day of 4 x 12 hour shifts two miles away so what do I know .
    You know that if you don't want to miss a game for 21 years you need to get a job with Zippy

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    You know that if you don't want to miss a game for 21 years you need to get a job with Zippy
    Aye it's a tough choice , earning a reasonable living working unsociable hours or BFC , I trust BFC won't be contributing to our household bills anytime soon .

It's frustrating at times but I get when I can , went up to Sunderland on new years day and seen the last two home games , pay a bloody fortune to sit in that hovel at Hillsborough too earlier in the sesson , never would have gone if I could catch every game .

Personally I wish him well and hope he does well for them (That's the heart talking) My head says that unless he can find some mobility in and around the box he will soon be dropped and spend a lot of time on the bench or get loaned out.

How's Moore getting on animal? I know he's not scoring but how is his overall game? Has he settled into championship football?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast