+ Visit Newcastle United FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31

Thread: Shelvey and Mitrovic

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Oulu, Finland
    Posts
    135

    Shelvey and Mitrovic

    Lots of noices arousing that these both will leave before the window closes. Shelvey is a
    West Ham -fan and will leave pretty soon? Mitrovic is too expensive for teams in league 1 but
    will still probably leave somewhere. Seems like a huge gamble but those 2 leaving might give Rafa enough money to
    buy players he wants...

  2. #2
    Shelvey is apparently as good as gone?

    I don't think either sales will be that much of a gamble. Mitrovic hasn't played a part for a long time, Shelvey is behind the queue of Merino and Hayden. We might miss him at times, but maybe we'll sign someone who's more steady than he is.

  3. #3
    If some one offered me 20 million for the pair I'd snap their hands off

  4. #4
    I think we need to cash in. I think they're both talented and I'd have them both in my starting lineup but if Rafa doesn't rate them because of their tempers and being a liability; sell and spend the money elsewhere.

  5. #5
    Fully agree get shot of both of them if we can, 20 million I would be over the moon to get that and spend it on a decent striker

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    waalsend
    Posts
    6,465
    whatever problems Shelvey causes / brings, he will seriously need replacing... neither Hayden nor merino seem capable of staying fit long term, also, I shudder to think of a 2nd half of a season built around Diame.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    waalsend
    Posts
    6,465
    we spent 25 million on the 2 of them.

  8. #8
    Mbemba will be gone soon enough

  9. #9
    I can see Shelvey going this window to.

    If he goes Rafa has to be allowed to use that money to get reinforcements in.

    Them going also plays into us wanting Sturridge (according to Chronicle) and needed to get a big wage (shelvey's 80K a week) off the books

  10. #10
    Shelvey has to be worth more than £12m surely? In this transfer market you don't get a lot for that money - we paid as much for Murphy and he was straight out of the Championship!

    Danny Drinkwater for £35m, Davvy Klaassen £24m ffs.

    He may not be everyone's cup of tea but he is one of our few creative players and he knows this league. I'd bet a replacement would be another cheapo Johnny Foreigner who wouldn't hit the ground running.

    Keep him until the end of the season.

    Mitro can feck off though.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by biilyboy View Post
    Shelvey has to be worth more than £12m surely? In this transfer market you don't get a lot for that money - we paid as much for Murphy and he was straight out of the Championship!

    Danny Drinkwater for £35m, Davvy Klaassen £24m ffs.

    He may not be everyone's cup of tea but he is one of our few creative players and he knows this league. I'd bet a replacement would be another cheapo Johnny Foreigner who wouldn't hit the ground running.

    Keep him until the end of the season.

    Mitro can feck off though.

    This exactly people saying they would take 20 mil for both are CRAZY id want that for Shelvey alone!! Looking at some of the prices average players go for now is mental.

  12. #12
    There both a couple of knackers with schoolboy attitudes.

    Must come from Shelvey pikey background, what’s the use of keeping players on your books with the mindset that these two have

    I think we would be well shot of both players. As an owner I certainly wouldn’t be wanting to lay out 80k a week for Shelvey.

    All the badge kissing from Mitro doesn’t hold up when he couldn’t trap a bag of cement.

  13. #13
    What pokey background OTM? Agree both should go but for more than 20 mill.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelowen View Post
    What pokey background
    *Pikey*

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherTerryMac View Post
    There both a couple of knackers with schoolboy attitudes.

    Must come from Shelvey pikey background, what’s the use of keeping players on your books with the mindset that these two have

    I think we would be well shot of both players. As an owner I certainly wouldn’t be wanting to lay out 80k a week for Shelvey.

    All the badge kissing from Mitro doesn’t hold up when he couldn’t trap a bag of cement.

    Quite unfair on Shevey like!
    You just can't in anyway compare him or his disciplinary record to the Psycho that is Mitro..
    Mitro already had EIGHT red cards before we signed him..
    Last season Shelvey's ONE red card was recinded,as it should have been..
    Right Shelvey's petulant baby tread on that cnut Ali,it was fecking stupid and unprofessional.He shouldn't have done it but it was hardly ganning to brek his leg..
    Now Mitros red against wet spam..We were 1-0 up (I think) he comes on and deliberately elbows Lanzini in the heed,a player he doesn't even know,he has never played agaist him ever..Nothing had happened between them on the field,so why when playing such an important game would he do this???
    Cos there's deffo something wrong in his fecking heed..Its exactly like walking in to a bar and heedbutting the first punter you see..
    This is why he's not playing and oh aye he's sh ite...
    At least Shelvey has some skill and I wouldn't tek a penny less than £25 million not that I think he's for sale.
    Why should everyone elses players double in value and not ours?

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by ashingtoon62 View Post
    Quite unfair on Shevey like!
    You just can't in anyway compare him or his disciplinary record to the Psycho that is Mitro..
    Mitro already had EIGHT red cards before we signed him..
    Last season Shelvey's ONE red card was recinded,as it should have been..
    Right Shelvey's petulant baby tread on that cnut Ali,it was fecking stupid and unprofessional.He shouldn't have done it but it was hardly ganning to brek his leg..
    Now Mitros red against wet spam..We were 1-0 up (I think) he comes on and deliberately elbows Lanzini in the heed,a player he doesn't even know,he has never played agaist him ever..Nothing had happened between them on the field,so why when playing such an important game would he do this???
    Cos there's deffo something wrong in his fecking heed..Its exactly like walking in to a bar and heedbutting the first punter you see..
    This is why he's not playing and oh aye he's sh ite...
    At least Shelvey has some skill and I wouldn't tek a penny less than £25 million not that I think he's for sale.
    Why should everyone elses players double in value and not ours?
    Yes, have to agree there, at least Shelvey has good skills when he's on his game. Mitro is a train wreck waiting to happen. I seem to remember when Shelvey had the Captain's armband last season he played better, it must have made him focus more on the job at hand. I still think we play better with him on the field.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Davearmy View Post
    This exactly people saying they would take 20 mil for both are CRAZY id want that for Shelvey alone!! Looking at some of the prices average players go for now is mental.
    both players are marked men and liabilities in any side .and remember mit4ovic is in the last 2 years of his contract .How much do you think we will get for them ?

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannylad View Post
    Yes, have to agree there, at least Shelvey has good skills when he's on his game. Mitro is a train wreck waiting to happen. I seem to remember when Shelvey had the Captain's armband last season he played better, it must have made him focus more on the job at hand. I still think we play better with him on the field.
    However, he's rarely on his game and when he is it's usually not for the whole 90 mins. He's got flashes of greatness but there are far too few between them, and when he isn't great he's really not​ great.

  19. #19
    I don't see any point in hanging onto Mitro. He's on a good wage but, unless Rafa goes he is highly unlikely to play him again.

    I think Rafa would sooner revert to no striker, so let's get rid.

    Shelvey is worth about 20 million I would say, would be worth more without two stupid sendings off, and let's face it a dip in form. I wouldn't sell Shelvey though.

  20. #20
    Another day goes by without the striker we need.

    Mitro needs to go now and Shelvey in the Summer but, I agree, I wouldn't sell him now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •