+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shelvey and Mitrovic

Shelvey and Mitrovic

Lots of noices arousing that these both will leave before the window closes. Shelvey is a
    West Ham -fan and will leave pretty soon? Mitrovic is too expensive for teams in league 1 but
    will still probably leave somewhere. Seems like a huge gamble but those 2 leaving might give Rafa enough money to
    buy players he wants...

Shelvey is apparently as good as gone?

I don't think either sales will be that much of a gamble. Mitrovic hasn't played a part for a long time, Shelvey is behind the queue of Merino and Hayden. We might miss him at times, but maybe we'll sign someone who's more steady than he is.

If some one offered me 20 million for the pair I'd snap their hands off

I think we need to cash in. I think they're both talented and I'd have them both in my starting lineup but if Rafa doesn't rate them because of their tempers and being a liability; sell and spend the money elsewhere.

Fully agree get shot of both of them if we can, 20 million I would be over the moon to get that and spend it on a decent striker

whatever problems Shelvey causes / brings, he will seriously need replacing... neither Hayden nor merino seem capable of staying fit long term, also, I shudder to think of a 2nd half of a season built around Diame.

we spent 25 million on the 2 of them.

Mbemba will be gone soon enough

I can see Shelvey going this window to.

If he goes Rafa has to be allowed to use that money to get reinforcements in.

Them going also plays into us wanting Sturridge (according to Chronicle) and needed to get a big wage (shelvey's 80K a week) off the books

Shelvey has to be worth more than £12m surely? In this transfer market you don't get a lot for that money - we paid as much for Murphy and he was straight out of the Championship!

Danny Drinkwater for £35m, Davvy Klaassen £24m ffs.

He may not be everyone's cup of tea but he is one of our few creative players and he knows this league. I'd bet a replacement would be another cheapo Johnny Foreigner who wouldn't hit the ground running.

Keep him until the end of the season.

Mitro can feck off though.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)