+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Positivity Attempt

So adds to the freak result theory.. guess the next three games this month will tell us a lot

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    The positive is that was nothing like the team that had gone on the good run prior to Paisley, big changes from the personnel and positions, that team was good enough to win this league

Unfortunately we can't field that team anymore and are stuck without the huge void Fyvie and Fraser will leave for the remaining games

What we can do is go back to the defence that has worked for us when Murdoch is back instead of that random mess we played in Falkirk

Murdoch Durnan Scobbie Robson is more than adequate for the remaining games fitness permitting

Stanton and Flood have shown they are good enough as a duo in the wins over Dumbarton away and St Mirren at home

The new signings will all improve in most ways I would imagine

We still have time to get one or two more in aswell

The thing is, we have won or last 5 home games in the league, three of the next four are away (not including Alloa in cup) and aren't easy, we have to try and grind out a couple wins and win the home game with Morton

If the gap is any more than 6 by the time we play them in March then 2nd it will be

Lose this Saturday though and we give those behind us confidence that they can catch us

This is an excellent summary.

Whilst trying to remain positive I have concerns for Saturday. Think we will be much better, with numerous lessons learned hopefully. A loss and it will be meltdown , a win and we kick on again . ***** , ***** match. The most important yet.

Do you think we're not handling the pressure very well?
    I must admit I wouldn't want to be running out every Saturday with the sword of Damocles hanging over my head.
    We are EXPECTED to go up this year thro automatic promotion, play-offs being no use.
    That's a fair weight on the mind given the potential disaster of non-promotion.
    To paraphrase, the players are sh!ting themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by SmedDUm View Post
    Do you think we're not handling the pressure very well?
    I must admit I wouldn't want to be running out every Saturday with the sword of Damocles hanging over my head.
    We are EXPECTED to go up this year thro automatic promotion, play-offs being no use.
    That's a fair weight on the mind given the potential disaster of non-promotion.
    To paraphrase, the players are sh!ting themselves.
    It must be a pressure pot situation. We are the only Club in the division where automatic promotion this season is a must; an expectation. The prospect of going a goal down in each game would be sufficient to provoke a loose movement. Maybe this explains their slowness, lack of, off the ball movement. With internal muscles focused on prevention, the slightest, sudden movement could trigger a very unfortunate and highly embarrassing event. Some players may even want subbied so they can go to the toilet? Perhaps we should reconsider Gavin Gunning's 'picking the ball up' with more understanding?

We need a hard man midfielder as Willo is too slow for that now, even though he still can do a job. Someone to boss and protect back 4 - not sure slater is that type of player? Our midfield is too soft and has been for a while. As for pressure. Its more like responsibility thats the issue. Going gets tough they get to phuck. A hard midfielder would help imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jam View Post
    I see Falkirk got humped tonight.
    Oh dear!
    Think that result says more about you guys than them.

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    Think that result says more about you guys than them.
    ICT hitting form.
    Bet you guys are glad you don't have to play them.
    Would have been a potential banana skin.

Quote Originally Posted by SmedDUm View Post
    ICT hitting form.
    Bet you guys are glad you don't have to play them.
    Would have been a potential banana skin.

1910 and NEVER again?

DFC - YABS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)