+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Positivity Attempt

Positivity Attempt

No easy after that utter s.hite at the weekend

However I still love United and think we can still do this. A long, long way to go. There will be losses for both teams ahead. Thinking back over Shabbas short time here and there’s has been a massive change , much better and more positive ( obviously obliterating Saturday from memory ! ) I am sure the manager and the players will have learned massively from that debacle .

Onwards we go on this difficult journey. Keep the faith Arabs and support our team. DUFC SRYB

The positive is that was nothing like the team that had gone on the good run prior to Paisley, big changes from the personnel and positions, that team was good enough to win this league

Unfortunately we can't field that team anymore and are stuck without the huge void Fyvie and Fraser will leave for the remaining games

What we can do is go back to the defence that has worked for us when Murdoch is back instead of that random mess we played in Falkirk

Murdoch Durnan Scobbie Robson is more than adequate for the remaining games fitness permitting

Stanton and Flood have shown they are good enough as a duo in the wins over Dumbarton away and St Mirren at home

The new signings will all improve in most ways I would imagine

We still have time to get one or two more in aswell

The thing is, we have won or last 5 home games in the league, three of the next four are away (not including Alloa in cup) and aren't easy, we have to try and grind out a couple wins and win the home game with Morton

If the gap is any more than 6 by the time we play them in March then 2nd it will be

Lose this Saturday though and we give those behind us confidence that they can catch us

Think we need 4/6 v Dunfermline and Morton. Way Saturday went I would take that right now. Hopefully come February the new signings are bedded in.

St Mirren are away 3 of their next 4 league games.

We will have Durnan and McMullan back Saturday and as mentioned by others, hopefully get Murdoch back in at right back.

No excuses for Saturday in any way but unfortunately Fraser and Fyvie cannot be replaced. Take away the St Mirren lad and Dobbie, nobody better in the league than Fraser and Fyvie.

Players need to get finger out but baffled still at mucking about with the back 4 on Saturday, had 2 other players who could have played right back.

I wasnt at Falkirk and have only watched the "high"lights, but for me to inject some positivity.

I hope Shabba has taken his side of the blame and has the balls to play Ballantyne at RB on Saturday and i hope that Durnan can make it back. I am not so sure about having Scobbie in the back 4 though as he was made to look very slow at times over the last few games. Quinn although not on his correct side is plenty good enough to cover, but i want Edje back!

To take a bit of positivity, early doors Slater played a cracker of a long ball to someone on the right and i wonder what a fully fit lad will do.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    I wasnt at Falkirk and have only watched the "high"lights, but for me to inject some positivity.

I hope Shabba has taken his side of the blame and has the balls to play Ballantyne at RB on Saturday and i hope that Durnan can make it back. I am not so sure about having Scobbie in the back 4 though as he was made to look very slow at times over the last few games. Quinn although not on his correct side is plenty good enough to cover, but i want Edje back!

To take a bit of positivity, early doors Slater played a cracker of a long ball to someone on the right and i wonder what a fully fit lad will do.
    I think most of us are trying to stay positive but defeat on Saturday would be a different matter. I hope Csaba manages to lift the players and motivate them right because a draw is absolute minimum and really a win is what's needed to put last weekend behind us a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    i want Edje back!
    No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

Quote Originally Posted by dundeeunitedfc83 View Post
    No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no
    This^^^^^^

i hope durnan will return as he has shown hes a big player for us now. i hope he plays ballantyne instead of forcing a left footer there again. im not overly impressed with quinn imo decent cover but i prefer durnan and scobbie at cb that would also allow us to have a natural balance at the back two right footers and two left footers.

great logic in earlier post..... drop scobbie has been looking slow recently. replace him with the edge??? a guy who is probably slower?

i dont mind the edge but i would take scobbie all day long!

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    The positive is that was nothing like the team that had gone on the good run prior to Paisley, big changes from the personnel and positions, that team was good enough to win this league

Unfortunately we can't field that team anymore and are stuck without the huge void Fyvie and Fraser will leave for the remaining games

What we can do is go back to the defence that has worked for us when Murdoch is back instead of that random mess we played in Falkirk

Murdoch Durnan Scobbie Robson is more than adequate for the remaining games fitness permitting

Stanton and Flood have shown they are good enough as a duo in the wins over Dumbarton away and St Mirren at home

The new signings will all improve in most ways I would imagine

We still have time to get one or two more in aswell

The thing is, we have won or last 5 home games in the league, three of the next four are away (not including Alloa in cup) and aren't easy, we have to try and grind out a couple wins and win the home game with Morton

If the gap is any more than 6 by the time we play them in March then 2nd it will be

Lose this Saturday though and we give those behind us confidence that they can catch us
    Spot on all of this. My concern though is that we have Robson sold on and we lose the decent back 4 that we need if we are going to compete for title

I see Falkirk got humped tonight.
    Oh dear!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)