+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rooney rule?

Rooney rule?

FA has just said they will use the Rooney rule when replacing Gareth Southgate..

Anyone know what this is?

The Rooney Rule originated in America and requires sporting organisations to interview a number of people from ethnic minorities when coaching or managerial vacancies occur.
    The idea was to give people from these backgrounds a better chance of breaking into professional sport but I don't know how successful it's been.
    Of course, the counter argument is, if you're good enough you'll get the job regardless of the colour of your skin.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    The Rooney Rule originated in America and requires sporting organisations to interview a number of people from ethnic minorities when coaching or managerial vacancies occur.
    The idea was to give people from these backgrounds a better chance of breaking into professional sport but I don't know how successful it's been.
    Of course, the counter argument is, if you're good enough you'll get the job regardless of the colour of your skin.
    Oh right I thought it may have ment you’ll get the job if your big ugly overpaid and will be interviewed by prostitutes your slept with

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Oh right I thought it may have ment you’ll get the job if your big ugly overpaid and will be interviewed by prostitutes your slept with
    😂😂😂

I’m sure that could still happen

I get a bit sick and tired of this underrepresented nonsense in football to be honest .

If there's one sport that wants talented people within it due to finance and competitiveness then it's football .

Who the hell doesn't want talent at their clubs , the ethnicity is neither here nor there .

This thing about not enough asian footballers in the english game , because not enough of em are good enough , end of story .

Perhaps we should all sign two or three of them even though we know they can't cut it just to keep the numbers right .

What carp ? Why not then go to underrepresented asian winter Olympians while we are at it .

FA has just said they will use the Rooney rule when replacing Gareth Southgate..

Anyone know what this is?
    Ask your teacher when you get back to school, muppet.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I get a bit sick and tired of this underrepresented nonsense in football to be honest .

If there's one sport that wants talented people within it due to finance and competitiveness then it's football .

Who the hell doesn't want talent at their clubs , the ethnicity is neither here nor there .

This thing about not enough asian footballers in the english game , because not enough of em are good enough , end of story .

Perhaps we should all sign two or three of them even though we know they can't cut it just to keep the numbers right .

What carp ? Why not then go to underrepresented asian winter Olympians while we are at it .
    Under-represented as managers but hugely over-represented as players, 3 to 4% of population but about what 20% of players? Strangely that never gets mentioned by the people with agendas.

We all know why they came out with that today don’t ya Simpson and his cronies made fa look bad

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Under-represented as managers but hugely over-represented as players, 3 to 4% of population but about what 20% of players? Strangely that never gets mentioned by the people with agendas.
    Until now?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast