+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hollis Departs

Quote Originally Posted by Frigiliana Pie 1 View Post
    Hollis always gave maximum effort so I’ll say best of luck to him at Forest Green.
    My thoughts exactly. Hollis wasn't the pub player some regularly described him as, but he certainly has his limitations so he was never the type to build a side around. Hope he does well at FGR, I never saw him give less than 100% in a Notts shirt, so I will have no problem in giving him a good reception should he return to Meadow Lane in opposition colours.

Well if KN couldn't get it out of him then a good move all round. As someone nicely put it on Twitter:

"Always liked hollis he always gave 100% will miss calling him a donkey, he was a donkey but he was our donkey"

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I think Haydn had got beyond the point where the "He's young and still learning" explanation would cut it. I think he regressed in his later years with us and should really have departed last summer.

Having said that, a fresh start may be just what he needs to reinvigorate his career, and many centre-halves don't peak until their late 20s or early 30s, so his 'day' may yet come. Certainly he shouldn't depart with anything but our best wishes, having come through our academy and generally earned himself a reputation as a decent, hard-working guy.

Spot on.

Over 100 league appearances for Notts. Not many players notch up that sort of tally for us these days. Best of luck to him.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Over 100 league appearances for Notts. Not many players notch up that sort of tally for us these days. Best of luck to him.
    The just shows the lack of decent players/managers we've had over recent years imo. Whenever we've had a decent side, he hasn't been in it, that's no coincidence but as I said, best of luck to him. He'd get a decent reception on his return to Meadow Lane but I don't think we'll see Forest Green grace our mighty fortress again for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    The just shows the lack of decent players/managers we've had over recent years imo. Whenever we've had a decent side, he hasn't been in it, that's no coincidence but as I said, best of luck to him. He'd get a decent reception on his return to Meadow Lane but I don't think we'll see Forest Green grace our mighty fortress again for a while.
    Agreed. Nice bloke, good Club man and a real battler - I too wish him well. None of that can mask that he was just far too clumsy, error prone and inconsistent to be an effective defender at this level IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie 19 June 2016

Hollis will be the 'Player of the year next season' - mark my words & mark them well
    Eh eh - just stumbled across this just after guitar man had joined. Perhaps he meant for FGR? Otherwise credibility level down to zero mate.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123