+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hollis Departs

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMagpie View Post
    We wouldn't get a fee for him because he is crap. Glad he is off the books so the wages can be used elsewhere
    And the shame is that Haydn speaks so well of you...

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    I think you're right.
    I'm disappointed that Hollis is gone. He'll do OK at FGR, and at 25 they'll get the best of him. Good luck to him.

Best of luck to the lad, he did his best....

Well, think we should save on balls that he hoofed over the Jimmy Sirrel onto County Road never to be seen again.....

Good Luck Bambi lad, you brighten up my day when you played, at least you had a go....

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    And the shame is that Haydn speaks so well of you...
    You must have seen him play Sid

I'm a bit sad he's gone too. Our longest-serving player, right?

I'm happy for him though. Like Krystian Pearce before him I think he'll prove to a few of the knockers on here that he's definitely of league standard. He's played well over 100 league games after all. Definitely right to be behind Duffy and Brisley in the pecking order tho.

I'm sure KN has someone lined up to replace him as cover at CB. We need it.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    Like Krystian Pearce before him I think he'll prove to a few of the knockers on here that he's definitely of league standard. He's played well over 100 league games after all. Definitely right to be behind Duffy and Brisley in the pecking order tho.
    Lets not be silly now, Krystian Pearce played more than 20 games for England at youth level and actually looked like a very good prospect when he was young, Hollis is 25 and has never made anyone think "This lad could go on to play for England (the senior team) one day" like Pearce did in his early days.

Pearce has always had talent and ability, it was his mental lapses that let him down, the best thing anyone could say about Hollis is that he "can (sometimes) do the basics right" in heading it away and hoofing it away, that does not make you good enough to play in the football league.

Regardless of Hollis moving there I hope Forest Green get relegated and I think they will, I don't see another league club stepping in to sign him after that personally.

Hollis always gave maximum effort so I’ll say best of luck to him at Forest Green (except when they play us of course). It must be a boost to his confidence to be wanted by one of his previous managers.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    Lets not be silly now, Krystian Pearce played more than 20 games for England at youth level and actually looked like a very good prospect when he was young, Hollis is 25 and has never made anyone think "This lad could go on to play for England (the senior team) one day" like Pearce did in his early days.

Pearce has always had talent and ability, it was his mental lapses that let him down, the best thing anyone could say about Hollis is that he "can (sometimes) do the basics right" in heading it away and hoofing it away, that does not make you good enough to play in the football league.

Regardless of Hollis moving there I hope Forest Green get relegated and I think they will, I don't see another league club stepping in to sign him after that personally.

Mr Happy.

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    Just come through on the website. Not sure whether he has been released or whether there's another club involved, it doesn't say. We probably won't get a fee for him anyhow, which is a shame considering he came through the youth system.

Best of luck wherever you end up Haydn. Thanks for your efforts.
    Sad to see him go but there's no way he was playing ahead of Duffy or Brisley... I wonder if this could mend a bridge with Forest Green and KN can nick Doige from them

I think Haydn had got beyond the point where the "He's young and still learning" explanation would cut it. I think he regressed in his later years with us and should really have departed last summer.

Having said that, a fresh start may be just what he needs to reinvigorate his career, and many centre-halves don't peak until their late 20s or early 30s, so his 'day' may yet come. Certainly he shouldn't depart with anything but our best wishes, having come through our academy and generally earned himself a reputation as a decent, hard-working guy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast