+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hollis Departs

Hollis Departs

Just come through on the website. Not sure whether he has been released or whether there's another club involved, it doesn't say. We probably won't get a fee for him anyhow, which is a shame considering he came through the youth system.

Best of luck wherever you end up Haydn. Thanks for your efforts.

He has gone to Forest Green Rovers 18 month Contract
    Last edited by binghampies; 09-01-2018 at 03:19 PM.

Thanks Bingham.

Should be a good place for him. He's been in a relegation battle before so that's quite a good signing for them.

Have we sold him or has he gone on a free?

I would be amazed if we got a fee for him, I'd consider Alan Hardy might actually be a wizard if he managed to get FGR to pay a sum for Hollis.

He'll be at his level next season, non league. All the best though Haydn, lovely chap as you were, just not a good enough footballer and would have left the club years ago had it not been for his wages and the fact he came through our ranks.

With big H gone and Bird on loan i would assume one of the 2 players we are chasing on loan mentioned by AH has to be a centre back

Quote Originally Posted by pjace View Post
    With big H gone and Bird on loan i would assume one of the 2 players we are chasing on loan mentioned by AH has to be a centre back
    I think you're right.
    I'm disappointed that Hollis is gone. He'll do OK at FGR, and at 25 they'll get the best of him. Good luck to him.

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    Thanks Bingham.

Should be a good place for him. He's been in a relegation battle before so that's quite a good signing for them.

Have we sold him or has he gone on a free?
    We wouldn't get a fee for him because he is crap. Glad he is off the books so the wages can be used elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    I think you're right.
    I'm disappointed that Hollis is gone. He'll do OK at FGR, and at 25 they'll get the best of him. Good luck to him.

Always good at the basics was our Hollis, head it away, boot it away but there were just too many glaring mistakes. Don't get me wrong, all CB's at all levels make them but he just made too many to be a regular squad member. Hope the lad does well.

Quote Originally Posted by pjace View Post

You would also hope that the signing would be near completion or we are leaving ourselves short of cover if the worst happens

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast