+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Armstrong signs

Armstrong signs

Adam Armstrong signs on loan from Newcastle
    Great signing at this level and provides Graham with serious competition
    Hopefully this will also give Samuel the boot up the backside needed
    Now for a winger

Certainly a sign of attacking intent. I wonder what it means for Nuttall.
    I gather he is more of a Dack-type, rather than being a target-man, in terms of style.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Certainly a sign of attacking intent. I wonder what it means for Nuttall.
    I gather he is more of a Dack-type, rather than being a target-man, in terms of style.

I'm very happy about this signing. It was a problem area. The main factor being, Antonnson is injured and probably out until the end of Feb!! That's a long time. So for now he will likely play on the left, where he did for Bolton mainly. I've been concerned, as Samuel is going backwards!! As is Nuttall. Neither are making any kind of an impact. This lad will play, from the start. All we have (contributing) is Graham and Dack upfront, with Antonnson being out. So this is one area of concern sorted. Having watched that Bell at weekend for Fleetwood (albeit on tv) I know he isn't the answer. He isn't a winger! He is a LB. We have a decent one, we may need cover, but that's not a prority. I really think we need to go for the lad from Walsall. But he is more of a central mid/ number 10 .....

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Adam Armstrong signs on loan from Newcastle
    Great signing at this level and provides Graham with serious competition
    Hopefully this will also give Samuel the boot up the backside needed
    Now for a winger

I heard a rather worrying one. We are supposedly looing into bringing Lowe back from Birmingham.
    That would really annoy me, we have moved on from the likes of him, he really is not the answer to our problems. We would be going backwards if he was to come back. Plus his wages will be huge!! And he really does not warrant it. I hope this does not happen.

I feel this was just an elaborate rumour champs
    Cannot see for the life of me why we would consider a poor man's Smallwood to return
    Cost cutting was made and we got rid of the high wages of players who were not good enough for that wage
    We have moved on to a more hungrier squad lets not look back but forwards.

I find it hard to believe Lowe himself would want to return, anyway. He wouldn't exactly get a hero's welcome!
    Also, another "holding" midfielder is surely not a priority.
    What we need is Tugay and Ripley.
    I hope you're right about Armstrong, Champs, and that we're getting the one who played for TM at Coventry - not the one who has failed to impress at Bolton. Perhaps Mowbray can do for Armstrong what he's done for Downing.

To be fair to Armstrong he was played out of position thus why he struggled at Bolton
    I expect good things from the lad.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)