+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has anyone else got that January sinking feeling as well?

We are shopping in the loan market but there are some decent players to be had.

The World Cup is on the way and a lot of players need to move on in this window, play lots of games and impress.

If we can't secure a few decent quality short term loans AT LEAST, then we truly are in trouble. We just need survive and then it's a different ball game this summer.

Every other team in relegation trouble will be doing some business - we need to match them or we will get what Ashley deserves.

I think we will get a good striker on loan and that's about it.

Taking Sturidge on loan at 120k a week only equates to 3.5 million which is a small price to pay to keep us in the league

You only have to look at Defoe who kept the Mackems in that league on his own.

Article out today that Rafa has a bunch of transfers ready to go and the Fat Man isn't around to sign off on them. Being the only person who can sign off on transfer purchases, why would you go on vacation for the first 10 days of the window?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    He's gambling. He's betting that we've got just enough to survive.

I think he's wrong.

He's always gambled, he's failed twice and (if he stays) he'll fail again.

Quote Originally Posted by smorgan86 View Post
    Article out today that Rafa has a bunch of transfers ready to go and the Fat Man isn't around to sign off on them. Being the only person who can sign off on transfer purchases, why would you go on vacation for the first 10 days of the window?!?!?
    They said the other day on Radio Newcastle that he had come back from being away a few days ago so I wouldn't have thought he's gone again unless its for business. Maybe he hasn't got an internet connection, computer or phone?

Quote Originally Posted by smorgan86 View Post
    I donīt think that is likely. He might have the final say (he has a phone) but Charnley will sign off any paperwork.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    I donīt think that is likely. He might have the final say (he has a phone) but Charnley will sign off any paperwork.
    Won't it be that Justin Barnes now - didn't he get put ahead of Charnley on all financial matters?

Quote Originally Posted by zoggs View Post
    I'm sick of beliving we will get someone in before the window closes, every year I do it , say to meself " ah he's not that ****ing stupid" and guess what .So no I fully believe we won't get anybody in ...

Anyone decent that is
    Aye, i know how you feel. The mind boggles that he does this year after year.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)