+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone else got that January sinking feeling as well?

Has anyone else got that January sinking feeling as well?

Sorry to sound defeatist but I really feel that we will not bring a striker in who will guarantee goals at this level or anyone else for that matter. In fact I think we are more likely to sell than buy or even bring loans in.

How come an extremely successful double billionaire businessman still hasn't got a fkn clue after 10 yes 10 years of owning our club know how to speculate to accumulate ie get better players in to improve our chances of staying up and guarantee selling the club that he (apparently, but is becoming less likely with each passing day) says he now wants to sell for a huge profit? If we don't strengthen then I think he will show he doesn't give a flying feck whether he sells or not, preferring to get the buzz he clearly gets from gambling with the good of our club at stake AGAIN.

See I'm very excited about the future of the club

If we don't strengthen then I think we'll go down. Rafa can only do so much with what he's got and it's remarkable that we're not adrift already-shows how well he's done.

But, the pattern has been set-under-investment followed by relegation and i don't think the end result will be any different this time although the ramifications could be much, much worse. We can't afford to let anyone go (apart from Mitro as Rafa simply won't play him and we need to spend decent money on a striker asap.

You say Ashley hasn't got a clue after 10 years ,i say he knows exactly what he's doing .

We can let shelvey mitro and mbemba go infact I'd say we can let anyone go and still survive

Quote Originally Posted by stavtoon View Post
    You say Ashley hasn't got a clue after 10 years ,i say he knows exactly what he's doing .
    He's gambling. He's betting that we've got just enough to survive.

I think he's wrong.

He's known all along

I agree - I think he has finally learnt that the club needs to spend to stay in the PL and I see it as a positive sign that he isnīt spending now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    He's gambling. He's betting that we've got just enough to survive.

I think he's wrong.
    I think he's wrong to.

If we went down, we don't have any major saleable assets this time either - which says what level our squad is at really.

I think we'll get a striker, i just hope he is one who can score 15+ goals in half a season. Or to be honest, i'd take him only scoring 7 if they won us games and guaranteed us 21 more points.

I'm sick of beliving we will get someone in before the window closes, every year I do it , say to meself " ah he's not that ****ing stupid" and guess what .So no I fully believe we won't get anybody in ...

Anyone decent that is

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)