+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Yates Going??

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Yeah I can’t believe Noble is the back up plan that Hardy meant for Yates.

I’m also not sure football chairman realise how frustrating all this teasing about transfers is for fans. They’re all like girlfriends who let you have a snog but won’t let you put your hands up their blouse.
    👏👏😂😂👍👍

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Yeah I can’t believe Noble is the back up plan that Hardy meant for Yates.

I’m also not sure football chairman realise how frustrating all this teasing about transfers is for fans. They’re all like girlfriends who let you have a snog but won’t let you put your hands up their blouse.

The trick is to keep your hands to yourself and in the end they get so frustrated, they'll put your hands there themselves.

This is a disappointment, especially as the Mirror have never been right about anything before, ever. I think he means Noble is the back-up plan too, but he's a completely different type of player. This is where over reliance on the loans system is not a great idea, nor is trusting a bunch of ****s like Forest.

It's a bad loss, Yates is very good at what he does and has been a big part of our success.
    Hewitt's had it pretty easy, having someone next to him who plays more or less the same game. This has taken a lot of pressure off and given him freedom to get around the pitch. Now he'll have more responsibility and have to play the holding role with more discipline. If Noble comes in, he'll play the freer role, he's that type of player anyway.
    So we'll see whether or not Elliot's the real deal in midfield.
    If KN doubts it, I wouldn't rule out him bringing in a replacement straight into the team

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    The trick is to keep your hands to yourself and in the end they get so frustrated, they'll put your hands there themselves.

This is a disappointment, especially as the Mirror have never been right about anything before, ever. I think he means Noble is the back-up plan too, but he's a completely different type of player. This is where over reliance on the loans system is not a great idea, nor is trusting a bunch of ****s like Forest.
    All of the above! Agreed

What's the betting Nolan has spent most of today running and in the gym followed by polishing his boots and checking his studs are intact?

I can think of much worse solutions than Nolan in midfield!

Notts made a bid, apparently, but it was turned down.

https://nottscountyfc.spontly.com/ap...a1bb3925aaee8f

It’s disappointing if true for Forest to go back on their word so to speak.

When we had Jack Grealish and Calum McGregor on loan from Aston Villa and Celtic respectively we managed to keep them here on loan for the second half of the season and they stayed.

If Yates is signing a three year contract with Forest he may as well stay with us for the rest of the season. What is the point of him going to S****horpe instead?

Unless someone at Forest does not like us?

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post

When we had Jack Grealish and Calum McGregor on loan from Aston Villa and Celtic respectively we managed to keep them here on loan for the second half of the season and they stayed.

If Yates is signing a three year contract with Forest he may as well stay with us for the rest of the season. What is the point of him going to S****horpe instead?

I'd have like to have heard the conversation that led to the Dark Side basically reneging on their word. If Kranky wanted to keep and eye on the lad where better than next door.

I'll assume there's a transfer deal in the offing hence the new contract. I presume there's more £££ in it for both clubs too but spoils the system. Understand recalls when emergencies, injuries, suspensions hit but not just to go out on loan to another club when things are going well. Maybe at his age the lad wants to explore what there is to find in Sc^nthorpe?

Very disappointed that he's gone. I think one of the main reasons we are this high in table is that we've done a great job of stopping the opposition playing, and Ryan Yates deserves huge credit for the way he's performed in that unglamorous role. I'm sure Noble will be his initial replacement, I just hope his creative spark will compensate for the effort and energy Yates invariably provided in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post

Or it's Rodwell sticking it to the Notts fans who gave him so much flack when he was with us?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast