+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Yates Going??

I'm surprised by this because I assumed that County had got a season-long loan with no recall. I think that you can discount the "someone at Forest doesn't like us" because then it would have been Grant as well although maybe this will happen too.

I suppose that an alternative possibility is that County want another loan from Forest and he's a trade-in.

Only time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrag View Post
    I'm surprised by this because I assumed that County had got a season-long loan with no recall.
    There was always a recall clause - it just that the scum said it wasn't going to be activated according to AH just a couple of weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    There was always a recall clause - it just that the scum said it wasn't going to be activated according to AH just a couple of weeks ago.
    Yes, he said he had it in writing from the scum that Yates and Grant were staying.

Anyway, we are Notts County, we move on. Now he's telling us to watch out tomorrow. I assume this is transfer news, unless he's planning to burn down the Temple of Sin.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Yes, he said he had it in writing from the scum that Yates and Grant were staying.

Anyway, we are Notts County, we move on. Now he's telling us to watch out tomorrow. I assume this is transfer news, unless he's planning to burn down the Temple of Sin.
    I imagine that our agreement was with Warburton and McParland, who seemed to get on well with Nolan and Hardy. Suspect that as soon as they were sacked it threw it all up in the air, frustrating but what can you do?

Lots of talk on Twitter that Lewis McGugan will be the signing tomorrow. Not exactly a like for like replacement but a player with a lot of quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Never trust the red barstewards.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    I imagine that our agreement was with Warburton and McParland, who seemed to get on well with Nolan and Hardy. Suspect that as soon as they were sacked it threw it all up in the air, frustrating but what can you do?

Lots of talk on Twitter that Lewis McGugan will be the signing tomorrow. Not exactly a like for like replacement but a player with a lot of quality.
    If it was in writing, it would commit NFFC since the two were employees.

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    Never trust the red barstewards.

Is the correct answer.....

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    If it was in writing, it would commit NFFC since the two were employees.
    The only thing that commits them either way is the contract, which has a recall clause in it. Even in that tweet Hardy said that they 'could' recall him.

I suspect that what's happened is that we've sought assurances from McParland/Warburton that they won't be recalling them and received that 'in writing'. Sadly that doesn't count for a lot if they then get sacked, it's not legally binding.

I can't imagine Karanka has walked through the door at Forest and made this decision on his own straight away though, although, maybe the fact that he'd just walked in would make him see it on a blank canvas and League One football vs League Two football is all it took?

Big footsteps to fill for such a young man and testament to how far he has come in 5 months at Notts under our kev.
    He covered so much ground on the field of play in 90 minutes.
    Will be hard to find a like for like player.
    However something different in the middle of the park could play to our benefits
    Keep the faith fellow pies
    The management have something up there sleeves and I'm sure they knew about this loan to skunny from forest.
    I have faith in there ability to fill that position.
    One man doesn't make a team
    But sheet I'm sad to see him go.
    Loved the guy and his fighting spirit
    Onwards and upwards Notts county
    We must keep moving forward

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast