+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Yates Going??

Apparently scoop said on his twitter last night that Yates didn't want to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    I'd have like to have heard the conversation that led to the Dark Side basically reneging on their word. If Kranky wanted to keep and eye on the lad where better than next door.

I'll assume there's a transfer deal in the offing hence the new contract. I presume there's more £££ in it for both clubs too but spoils the system. Understand recalls when emergencies, injuries, suspensions hit but not just to go out on loan to another club when things are going well. Maybe at his age the lad wants to explore what there is to find in Sc^nthorpe?
    S****horpe are at the business end of league 1..Forest will get a better idea of his potential level. I can't see him anywhere but back at Forest next season..fighting for a place.

Showed nothing but maturity way beyond his years with us. Top lad and can/will be a top player.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepTheMagpieFlyingH View Post
    S****horpe are at the business end of league 1..Forest will get a better idea of his potential level. I can't see him anywhere but back at Forest next season..fighting for a place.
    That would all make perfect sense if he hadn't spent last season on loan at League One Shrewsbury, then failed to make it into Forest's first team squad.

Only time will tell whether Forest have made the right choice with Ryan Yates. If he ends up a first team regular at Scunny for the rest of the season it's probably a good move for him to gain experience at a higher level, but if he spends most of his time on the bench it could well stall his progress and mean they've shot themselves in the foot.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    That would all make perfect sense if he hadn't spent last season on loan at League One Shrewsbury, then failed to make it into Forest's first team squad.
    Did he spend last season at Shrewsbury? I thought he spent half the season at struggling Barrow and then the remaining half at struggling Shrewsbury. This season he's spent half at a flying Notts and will spend the remaining half at a flying Scunny.

Next season I think or in my opinion (whichever you prefer) he'll be fighting for a first team place at Forest.

I hope that makes sense.

Still not gone through yet - could it be that Ryan wants to stay at Notts ?

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Still not gone through yet - could it be that Ryan wants to stay at Notts ?
    Where did you hear that BanjoPie?

Quote Originally Posted by KeepTheMagpieFlyingH View Post
    Did he spend last season at Shrewsbury? I thought he spent half the season at struggling Barrow and then the remaining half at struggling Shrewsbury. This season he's spent half at a flying Notts and will spend the remaining half at a flying Scunny.

Next season I think or in my opinion (whichever you prefer) he'll be fighting for a first team place at Forest.

I hope that makes sense.
    It makes grammatical sense.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567